Chapter 84

By the time I was done telling Alfonzo my story about Niall, Eddie, Ethan, Liam, Tin and Louis, it was morning. We were just sitting in the couch now, looking at each other, until the front door opened and I heard my mum giggle. Both I and Alfonzo stood up and walked out to the hallway.

Benito saw us and looked at Alfonzo with a look that scared me.

Alfonzo: Mi trascorso la notte perché Stella aveva paura di essere soli. Tutti abbiamo fatto è stato parlare.

He said, “I stayed the night because Stella was afraid of being alone. All we did was talk.” Which was true, we had talked all night.

Benito: You haven’t slept?

Stella: No, the time just passed by.

Benito: I would suggest you go home Alfonzo. And Stella, you should take a nap before breakfast.

I nodded and Benito and my mother left the hallway and went upstairs. I walked over to the front door with Alfonzo and he walked outside as I held the door open.

Alfonzo: I don’t think that was a sappy love story.

Stella: No? what was it then?

Alfonzo: A brilliant story to tell the grandchildren one day.

I smiled as he leaned over and kissed me, one time on each cheek. Then he left and I closed the door and turned around to walk upstairs. By the time I got into the bedroom, I felt my eyes sting. I hadn’t felt tired until just now so I just laid down in the bed and fell asleep.

I woke multiple hours later by my phone vibrating under me. I had totally forgotten that I had taken my phone with me to Italy because it had been in the bed all the time. I took the phone and looked at the caller, it was Keli and I answered.

Stella: You do know I’m in Italy, right?

Keli: Yes, so it’s only one hour time difference.

Stella: I meant, it’s expensive to call.

Keli: It’s worth it.

Stella: What’s wrong? Are you giving birth?

Keli: I’m like 3 months pregnant… no. It’s about Niall.

Stella: I don’t want to know abo-

Keli: He’s going out with that Emily chick you used to know.

I sat up in the bed and started thinking back on Emily. I remembered how desperately she tried to get into Niall’s pants before and the fact that he was going out with her now made me furious. It wasn’t my business but he could get someone better!

Stella: I don’t care…

Keli: Right, do you want me to end them?

Stella: No, let them do what they want. It’s not like he’s going to marry her, right?

Keli: I hope not.

Stella: How do you know they’re going out event?

Keli: Tin told me, he’s a nice lad. He said he’s been seeing her in his flat every day.

Stella: How fun for her. But I don’t really care; I’ve met a really nice guy here.

Keli: You have?

Stella: Yes.

Not that I had planned on doing anything with Alfonzo, more than letting him teach me the language.

Stella: His name is Alfonzo.

Keli: Okay, how old is this Alfonzo?

Stella: He’s… I’m not sure.