Chapter 40

A couple of days passed by, well more than a couple. It’s 2 days to Christmas and I’m currently packing my bag that I’m taking with me to my parent’s. I will be driving both me and Liam to my parent’s and I tried to not think about the fact that he was going to tell Nigel and Mari about our engagement. My parent’s already knew and they hadn’t spoken to me about it since they found out, I think that they needed some time to think about it and I didn’t judge them, hell I needed some time to think about it even.

And if you’re thinking about it, no, I haven’t slept with Niall since that night in November. I don’t even know why I slept with him but when we had done it, it felt like it was the last time and I think Niall felt that too.

Just as I was packing down my charger, the door opened and Niall walked inside with one shirt in each hand.

Niall: Which one?

Stella: What for?

One of them was black and the other was white, it wasn’t really a hard choice…

Niall: Christmas.

Stella: White.

Niall: No I think black, because that dude died.

Stella: Fine, then black.

Niall: Are you sure?

I laughed and shook my head as I closed my bag.

Stella: Don’t you have a red shirt?

Niall: uw no.

Stella: Okay, then go with the shirt you like the most.

He looked at both of them then took the black one on.

Niall: White it is.

Stella: So you’re going home then?

Niall: Yeah, Ireland is waiting.

Stella: Fun, when will you be going?

Niall: an hour before dinner on the 25th.

Stella: That’s rude.

Niall: yeah well. And you’re leaving now?

Stella: Liam will be here in 10 minutes or so.

Niall: Oh great… see you next year then?

Stella: Yeah, next year.

I took my bag down at the floor and walked over and hugged him. He hugged me back and kissed me on the cheek as I pulled away.  

Niall: I can’t believe you’re actually going through with the marriage.

Stella: Why?

Niall: After what we did.

I shrugged my shoulders and both I and Niall walked out of the bedroom and over to the hallway. Coco followed Niall everywhere and when we got to the hallway, he took her up.

Stella: You should get her back to her owner.

Niall: Yeah, after Christmas.

Stella: Okay, good.

I took my shoes on and then wrapped my new jacket around me. I said goodbye to Coco as Niall sat her down at the floor, then he walked with me out to the lift, carrying my bag. He put it into the lift and held the doors open.

Niall: You sure you don’t want to stay? We can watch a movie and order Chinese.

Stella: That sounds really appealing but I’ve promised my parent’s.