Chapter 16

(If you like the story, please press the 'vote' button. Even if you don't like it, i think you should press and see what happens ;)

I woke up the next morning in my own bedroom as the sun was shining straight onto my face. I turned around and groaned then looked down to the floor where Keli was supposed to be. I remembered her falling out of the bed last night when we got back from the bar and she didn’t get back up in the bed. But she wasn’t on the floor or in the bed so there was only one option left, Niall’s bed.

I got out of my own bed and wrapped a robe around myself and as my head caught up to my motions, I felt myself feeling really hung-over. I probably shouldn’t had taken more than two shoots of tequila with that creepy guy from the bar.. but done is done.
I managed to walk out of the bedroom and over to Niall’s door. I didn’t even knock; I just opened the door and went inside. He was lying on his stomach with one leg outside of the duvet and the way the sun shine on his back made me just stand there and look for a couple of seconds. He looked so peaceful and innocent, far from the true Niall.

Then I suddenly heard the bathroom door close and I snapped out of my thoughts about how amazing Niall looked in that bed, in that light. I walked out to the hallway and saw Keli. When she saw me, she smiled and wiped her mouth with her hand.

Keli: Coffee?
Stella: Please!

We both walked into the kitchen and I sat down, she poured me some coffee while pouring herself some tea.

Keli: I borrowed one of your unused toothbrushes; I threw up and had to brush my teeth.
Stella: Sure. Are you getting sick?
Keli: No, I don’t know.
Stella: I mean, you didn’t drink anything last night that would get you to throw up..
Keli: It’s surprising that you had time to see what I was drinking while you were all caught up in that creepy guy!
Stella: He had a nice tie!
Keli: It was blue!

We both laughed and I saw Niall coming out of his bedroom, walking towards the kitchen. I looked up at the clock on the wall and saw that it was 11.34 so it wasn’t unusually early for him to be awake.
He walked into the kitchen and over to a cabinet. As he reached up to grab a cup from the top shelf, both I and Keli looked over at him and realized that he wasn’t wearing a shirt and the way his muscles looked when he stretched like that… god damn!

I looked back at Keli and she was now looking down into her cup.

Niall: Morning ladies.
Keli: I have to leave; I have an appointment at 12…
Stella: Do you want me to drive you?
Keli: No I can take the bus; it’s not far from here.

I nodded and she stood up and hugged me then walked out of the kitchen. When I heard the front door close, I looked over at Niall. He was leaning on his elbows on the counter, looking at me.

Niall: She sure left fast.
Stella: Yeah, can I ask you a kind of private question?
Niall: Sure?

He walked over and sat down on the chair infront of me.

Stella: well when you and Keli did… what you did. Was there any protection involved?
Niall: You’re asking me if I used a condom when we fucked?
Stella: Yes…
Niall: She said she was on the pill so we skipped it.

I nodded and looked down into my coffee.

Niall: Why?
Stella: Just wondering. Can you ask your friend at the bar to check the receipt from last night?
Niall: Sure, I’ll call her straight away.

He said and took his phone from his sweatpants. He dialed her number and waited.

Niall: Hey C, how are you? Oh that’s great. So my friend wants to know the number on her bill from last night. Okay… yeah.
Stella: Can you ask her if there was any none alcoholic drinks ordered?

He nodded and continued the conversation with her.