Chapter 67

We sat and ate for about an hour before Camille decided that it was time to hit the clubs. Surprisingly (or not) I didn’t feel like going out tonight so when Camille said that it was time to leave, I looked at the time and shook my head.

Stella: I’m not really in the mood tonight.
Camille: oh come on, you haven’t been out in months!
Stella: I know but I would much rather stay in and watch TV.

I looked at Eddie and he looked at his sister.

Eddie: I agree with Stella on this one Cammie. But you and Jacob should still go out.
Camille: Yeah?

He nodded and she smiled as she hugged her brother then took Jacob’s hand and went out the door.

Jacob: Don’t do anything stupid now kids!

The door closed and I looked at Eddie.

Stella: So…
Eddie: Do you want to watch a movie? Or should I leave too?
Stella: No you can stay.

He smiled and we went over to the couch. I started the TV and there was a movie on it already that we decided to watch, it wasn’t the best movie ever but it was better than going to the club.
When the movie ended, I looked at Eddie and he looked at me and before I knew it, his hand was around my neck and our lips were touching. I closed my eyes and tried to enjoy it but I couldn’t. I don’t know why kissing him felt like kissing a kiwi. So I pulled away and we looked at each other again, then he shook his head.

Eddie: That wasn’t…
Stella: No it wasn’t.
Eddie: So it was not just me then?
Stella: Nope, I actually think that might have been the worst kiss I’ve ever had.
Eddie: I was kind of thinking the same thing.

We both laughed for a second,

Eddie: I should probably leave.
Stella: Yeah…

He nodded and got out of the couch. I walked him over to the door and watched as he took his shoes and jacket on. Then I held the door open for him and he stood outside of the flat and looked at me.

Eddie: I had fun tonight though, except for the whole kiss thing.
Stella: Agreed.
Eddie: Just… I thought that maybe if we, you know… try it again?
Stella: Really?
Eddie: Well, can it get worse?

I shook my head and let go of the door.

Stella: So how do you-

He didn’t let me finish my sentence before he placed his lips on mine, and at first it was gentle, like he was afraid to hurt me or something.
But as soon as I began kissing him back, he responded by pushing me against the wall that was behind us, I couldn’t help feeling the adrenaline of my heart. I felt his tongue run across my bottom lip and I opened my mouth to let our tongues explore each other’s mouths. He ran his fingers through my hair and pulled me closer, before pulling away from me completely so we could catch a breath.

Stella: Wow… where did that come from?

I breathed, and put a hand to my tingling mouth and he just gave me the big, goofy smile as my answer. I leaned over to the door and shut it closed, then I grabbed his hand and lead him into the guest bedroom.

I and Eddie started to date. Well we actually spent more time in the bedroom than on actual dates, but none of us really minded that. A month into our relationship, I met his parent’s and the Sunday after that, he met mine. I was practically living in his flat and it wasn’t because I didn’t have anywhere else to live, but because as soon as I was on my way to leave, he convinced me to stay.
And while he was working, I was cleaning his flat, doing laundry and making dinner, I had become a housewife and my salary was him, every night.

I also started a new job. Eddie helped me rent a studio and each Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, I was teaching kids how to dance. It wasn’t the ideal job but it was really fun and the kids were so cute.

On this particular Monday, I was sitting on Eddie’s couch with 3 blankets around myself and a cup of tea in hand when he got home. He looked at me and started laughing.