Chapter 9

It’s Tuesday and Ethan and Jacob had been here for a couple of days. Jacob had convinced our parent’s about not driving here on Sunday and instead, we would come to them. During the last couple of days, I have been showing the lads around London and it’s been really nice actually, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about one little tiny detail, Niall.

He hadn’t called, texted or showed up at the flat and I had tried to get in touch with him but he never answered his phone or my texts. I had also asked Louis a couple of times if he had heard anything from him but he hadn’t. I guess we were both getting the silent treatment.

This morning, Jacob woke me up by knocking on my door. This was probably the first time I woke up this way in my own apartment. I told him that it was open and both he and Ethan walked in. I hid under the duvet as they sat down on the end of my bed.

Jacob: Where are we going today?
Ethan: I thought we could visit that place with all the dolls.
Stella: I’m not sure I feel like going anywhere today…

I said through a yawn and then Jacob pulled the duvet off me and I groaned, trying to get it back.

Stella: Quit it! I want to sleep; the two of you are wearing me out!
Ethan: Come on love, let’s get up!
Stella: You can go out and have a boy’s night out or something. Just let me sleep.
Jacob: It’s 12.30 Sis.

I sat up straight in bed and looked at the time on my phone. I saw that I had a bunch of missed calls and a couple of texts.

Stella: No no no!

I got out of bed and almost stumbled on my way out of my bedroom and over to the bathroom as the lads was laughing at me from my bed. I took a quick shower then went back to my bedroom in just a towel. I heard that the lads were in the kitchen so I hurried into the room and took out my clothes. Just as I was about to get dressed, someone knocked on the door.

Stella: Come in..

I said and Ethan came in to the room and closed the door behind him.

Stella: Oh, hi. I’m getting dressed.

I pointed over to my clothes, could it be more obvious?

Ethan: Can I watch?

He winked at me and I laughed a bit nervously and shook my head.

Stella: no, but you can tell me why you’re in my room.
Ethan: I wanted to ask you something that doesn’t concern your brother.
Stella: Alright, can you ask me when I’m dressed?
Ethan: Oh yeah sure, I’ll go outside.
Stella: Or you can just turn around.

I said and he laughed and turned around. I got dressed in my blue Forever New Lucille dress and a pair of ballerinas. I took the towel out of my hair and let my wet hair fall down my shoulders as I dried it with the towel in hand.

Stella: You can turn around now.

He turned around and looked at me. I walked over to my makeup table and started putting on my concealer.

Stella: So what did you want to ask?
Ethan: You know how we’re so good friends?
Stella: Basically.
Ethan: Yeah well I was wondering if you would maybe like to take that to the next level.

I stopped with my concealer and looked at him through the mirror. He wasn’t looking at me, he was looking down on his feet and I turned around and looked at him.

Stella: what are you saying?
Ethan: I’m um… asking if you would want to go out sometime. Just the two of us, without Jacob.
Stella: Oh. I mean, Ethan we’re friends.
Ethan: Yeah I know, it was a stupid thought. Sorry.

He said then went out before I managed to say anything else. I finished putting my makeup on and went out after him.

Stella: Ethan!