Chapter 71

I woke up from the bedroom door closing and I looked over to my side and saw that Niall wasn't in the bed. I rubbed my eyes and took my phone from the nightstand, 8.30am, 3 missed calls and 7 messages. I put the phone back down, sighed and heard Niall talk to someone.

Niall: No you don't understand... I know that but we have a past and I can't just... yeah it was fun, it was but we can't... okay, yeah I'm sure, okay bye.

I heard him sigh and I turned around in the bed so he wouldn't notice that I had listened in on his call. The door opened, closed again and then I felt him getting into the bed again. I opened my eyes and looked at him; he smiled at me as he wrapped his arm around me and nuzzled his head in my neck.

Stella: morning.

Niall: Morning baby, slept well?

I nodded and he laid back on his back and looked up at the roof. I laid my head on his chest and stroke my finger along the waistline of his boxers.

Stella: Who was it on the phone?

Niall: hu?

Stella: You were on the phone... weren't you?

He nodded and looked down at me with a small smile on his lips.

Niall: Just some loose strings.

Stella: Oh... was she cute?

Niall: Stella..

Stella: It's a legit question.

Niall: It was more than 3 months, I needed someone to... you know.

I looked up at him and nodded, and then I sat up in the bed and reached down to the floor after my shirt. I put it on then found my jeans and put those on too.

Stella: I know exactly what you mean.

I said as I tied my hair in a bun and made my way over to the door.

Niall: Stella..

Stella: I want coffee, do you want anything?

Niall: I'll go down with you.

He said and left the bed; I nodded and walked out the door and down to the kitchen. Maura was standing there, making coffee and when she saw us, all she did was smile.

Niall: Morning mum.

Maura: Morning love, coffee?

Both I and Niall nodded and she poured us a cup each. We sat down at the table and drank our coffee and then Maura excused herself and left the room.

Niall: She's no one.

Stella: Your mum?

Niall: The girl on the phone.

Stella: Okay.

Niall: I promise.

Stella: Okay.

I smiled and took another sip of my coffee and Niall just looked at me.

Niall: What did you do?

Stella: Nothing?

Niall: No, I know you Stella and you wouldn't react all calmly about something like this unless...unless I'm not the only one with loose strings!

I shook my head and took another sip of the coffee. I didn't have any loose strings. The only guy I had been with was Eddie and he was pretty clear about us not being anything unless I was over Niall and since I wasn't, Eddie wasn't a problem.