Chapter 61

I got dressed in a pair of beige pull & bear skinny leg trousers, a topshop Bralet in black, a white peplum cardigan from NIC+ZOE, a silver necklace with 7 large black stones and a pair of flowery heels from Dolcis.

As I looked in the mirror, I kept the quote "Dress like Jackie. Act like Audrey. Inspire like Lilly. Party like Gatsby" in my mind and I reminded myself of me... pre-Niall. I looked at the time and saw that it was time for me to drive down to the district court. I stepped out of the front door and knocked on Tin's door. He opened pretty fast.

Tin: Hey, you look nice.

Stella: Thank you, found it in the back of the closet. I was wondering, if this takes longer than expected, ca-

Tin: I'll walk the dog and give her food before bed.

Stella: You're an angel!

Tin: Good luck.

He kissed me on the cheek and then I was off. I took the stairs down to the car because I didn't want a chance to just stand and think about the many possibilities of today. That's also why I called Ethan on my way to court. We talked about his girlfriend and I tried to keep us of the whole Niall subject as much as possible.

Eventually, I got to court and I hung up with Ethan. I walked inside and the first thing I noticed was that there were lots of people here. It's like the meeting place for criminals.

I saw Carler standing and talking to some people over by a door and before I managed to turn around and act like I hadn't seen him, he saw me. He waved at me and excused himself from the people he was talking to, then he walked over to me.

Carler: Hey, did you sleep okay?

Stella: I slept fine.

Carler: So I just wanted to say that the whole pizza thing last night.. it's not me trying to flirt with you or anything, okay?

Stella: I wasn't thinking that it was.

Carler: Good... good. well then, I'll leave you to yours.

He said and gestured over to Mr. Eroz. I looked back and saw him standing there, waiting for me.

Stella: See you in there.

I said to Carler and he nodded and went back to the people he spoke to earlier. I walked over to Mr. Eroz and he looked at me with a stern look, almost made me feel like I was the one who was going in for the trial.

Eroz: Do you know Mr. Carler from outside of this?

Stella: No, I got to know him thanks to this.

Eroz: Can I suggest that you stop seeing him? It would be the best for the case.

Stella: Why?

Eroz: It's his brother that Niall hurt. I don't know if that change anything but I just thought you should know.

Stella: Okay, got it. Where's Niall?

Mr. Eroz pointed to a door and then we both walked in. Niall was sitting in a chair, cuffed to it and when he saw us walk in, he stood up.

Niall: Stel... hey.

Stella: Hi, that doesn't look comfortable.

I said and gestured to his cuffed hand. He shook his hand and looked at Mr. Eroz.

Niall: It's 15 minutes until we're going in, think we could get some privacy?

Eroz: 10 minutes.

Eroz said as he gestured to the police that was in the room, to uncuff Niall. When he had done that, they both left the room and it took one second for Niall to take his arms around me. I hugged him back and I felt like I was about to cry, he must have noticed as he took his hands on my shoulders and looked at me.