Epilogue!

Epilogue

I was sitting with Ethan in the flat, both of us quiet and looking down at the phones on the kitchen table. Eventually, I looked up at him and sighed.

Stella: It's pointless, he won't call.
Ethan: He said after 4, it's only-
Stella: 4.32... it's no longer after 4, it's before 5.

Ethan just looked at me and laughed, like I was joking. But I weren't, I was actually dead serious.

Stella: It's not funny! This call will decide our entire future... like, everything!

I walked over to the sink and grabbed a glass of water and as I stood there, looking out the window with one hand on the sink and the other around my glass, I felt Ethan behind me all of the sudden. I turned around and he took his finger under my chin and lifted it up so I looked at him,

Ethan: Calm down.
Stella: Ethan...

his finger stroke the side of my face and I took a deep breathe,

Stella: You shouldn't touch me like that.
Ethan: I know, I can't help it.
Stella: Niall is going to come back and when he does...
Ethan: You're back with him again, I know.
Stella: I love you, but not in the same way I love him. And he loves me.
Ethan: There is a difference between attraction and interest.

I sighed as I took Ethan's hand off me and put it back down to his side and looked straight into his eyes,

Stella: I know that, do you?

His jaw tensed and he turned around and walked back over to the table.  It was six weeks since Niall left England to see his mum at the hospital in Ireland. His mum was alright but he wanted to make sure she was 120% fine before he came back to England and I understood that. We had been talking almost every day the first couple of weeks but when I then told him that I and Ethan were hanging out a lot, he had stopped calling as often. Then he had told me that he would stay a while extra in Ireland and when I had asked him why, he said "So you can try out being with Ethan before you and I make something really official. I want you to be with me but you have to try being with him first incase I'm not the right person for you." and since he said that, I had just repeated those words in my mind over and over again.

When I had told Ethan, he thought it was a green light for him to do whatever he wanted. But I didn't want to be with Ethan in the same way he wanted to be with me and I was hoping he would understand that soon.

All of the sudden, my phone rang and I basically ran over to the table and grabbed it, then I saw that it was Niall calling and I answered quickly.

Stella: Hey you!
Niall: Hi, what you up to?
Stella: Look I'm a bit busy, can I call you later?
Niall: What's going on?
Stella: I'm with Ethan and we're-

Then he hung up and I sighed and took the phone back down to the table.

Ethan: Did you have to tell him?
Stella: It's not like he wouldn't have guessed it anyways.
Ethan: I feel bad for the guy.
Stella: No you don't, you're literally trying to fuck me every hour of the day.
Ethan: Doesn't mean I can't feel bad for him...

I rolled my eyes and leaned my head down into my arms that were folded on the table. I woke up about 15 minutes later by Ethan shaking me and I looked up and groaned,

Stella: This suuucks!
Ethan: You could always call him instead of him calling you...
Stella: Oh don't try and be so... wait, that's actually a good idea.

I sat up straight again and took the phone, dialed a number and after a couple of beeps, a guy answered.

Stella: Mr. June?
June: Yes? Who is this?
Stella: Hello, my name is Stella Molins and I'm calling about the-
June: Didn't my secretary call you?
Stella: No... was she supposed to?
June: Yes!