Play Dirty | Prologue

Brand new stories bebes!!! I'm so glad to finally do a Lance fic!

Special thanks to PhyerJynx for helping me make my story accurate to the HP universe. That's a PhyerJynx edit on the second page!

Also I figured I'd put a little fan art in each chapter!! The art will be listed on the second slide!!

Song is important fam. Emma Blackery is a good singer!!

(Y/n)'s POV

To: Pidgeon

Hey nerd where are you? 🤓

Waiting in the common room. You know my mom. Come early bc on time just isn't good enough 🙄

Well wait for me!! I'm freaking out!

Trust me, you'll get Ravenclaw like you want and we'll be together.

Thanks P 😘

Np!! See you soon. I have memes for when u arrive

You always do

Ik 😈

Okay I'm coming up on 9 and 3/4 gotta go

See ya

I tucked away my messages into the back pocket of my jean shorts. I, of course, was soaking up that last bit of summer weather before my first day at Hogwarts. Blue skies, fluffy clouds, and muggles. Exactly what I want in a summer. I picked up and held my suitcases to each side of me, my mum following closely behind. I could tell she was nervous for me just by the sound of her heels.

My mother had been a Hufflepuff, nervous and timid but friendly as she was now. It always made me question how she married my dad. He was a sharp as a tack Ravenclaw, not afraid to challenge you even if he wasn't right, which most of the time he was. He was an important administrator at the Ministry of Magic, which was trying desperately to pick up the last pieces of mess previous leaders had left behind. I was bound to get caught up in something at school with a student at the mention of my father, which is what my mum was so worried about. Constantly.

We approached the brick wall and I set down my cases, watching the muggles go by. What it must be like for them. So vastly different. I'm just so surprised wizards and witches were still a secret to them.

"Now dear, remember what I've told you. Make friends when you get there and make sure to stay away from those Slytherin folk, I don't need you hurt," she expressed, holding my face in her thin hands.

"I know mum," I said, half pretending I was annoyed like all the other kids, but I knew I'd be missing my mom. She was such a huge part of my life with my father working at the Ministry almost all the time.

"I know, just don't trust a Slytherin. You know how they play."

"They play dirty," I said, my voice monotone. I'd heard my mother say the phrase many times in my life, and I couldn't blame her. She had a horrible history of bullies from Slytherin that stuck with her. Just because they were driven and cunning didn't mean they fought dirty like my mother believed. I wasn't planning on following along with my mother's stereotypes so I just had to make sure no Slytherin students visited me over the summer or at least lied about their house.

"Good, I'll see you soon, love," she said, kissing my cheek and hugging me. I hugged back, cherishing the last one for a while.

"Bye mum," I said, backing up. I took a deep breath, focusing in on the red brick before taking off running through the wall. It felt sort of like jelly for a moment before I opened my eyes to see a bustling station with students saying their goodbyes and meeting up with each other. The ceiling was high, covering the Hogwarts Express, ready to take off to the castle. After all theses years they still haven't renovated the old school.