Trial 1 | Chpt 43

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Welcome witches and wizards! I hope you're all excited to see what's in store this year at the Triwizard Tournament! 3 competitors from each school will compete for the cup for a state of glory to their school and name. From..."

I drowned out the announcer's voice, breathing heavy. This cannot be happening.

"Sven, Bandor, and (y/n) shall begin with the first trial. By popular demand we've brought back the labyrinth. Dangers lurk inside, whoever reaches the end first will be in lead for trial two. Let's bring out the competitors!" I was shoved forward, exiting a door along with my two opponents.

Sven was large and muscular, but I was familiar with his body type. I worked with Shiro a couple times before to get a feel for how he moved. They were just so similar. He was the athletic type and he seemed relatively physical with his magic.

Bandor was small but the highly intelligent type. He certainly took after his sister, but it still remained unknown why they attended different schools. He was light on his feet and defensive with magic, I had seen him work a few times with Romelle as his coach.

I was a fast runner and I had been working on my strength. What scared me the most was how scared I was. I couldn't afford freezing up.

I heard shouts from the crowd, some taunting some encouraging. I spotted Pidge first. She wore a bright blue tie, full in view so that I could spot her easier. I smiled and she cheered at me. All my friends were crowded around her and followed in suit. I eyed Lance who remained alone, no Nyma in sight, and watched him give me a thumbs up.

Yeah I can do this.

"Good luck," I glanced to Bandor who had said it. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Good luck to you too. I hope you win. Romelle would be ecstatic," I replied and he grinned. I glanced to Sven ahead of us and frowned. "He's soaking it in isn't he?"

"Natural born leader, but kind of a jerk at first," he replied. I nodded and we continued walking.

"Competitors meet your lines!" I stood at a line marked with each Hogwarts House color. I clenched my fists, holding my wand defensively at my side. I felt my stomach go sick but I just stared ahead. Yeah crowd screamed and my skin erupted in goosebumps. "Ready? And...."

"GO!"

I took off into the maze, a darkness settling over me. Everyone was watching, perhaps by camera or projection, but a darkness settled over me. The roar of the crowd settled to a muffle and I could only hear the heavy breathing in my chest.

It was dreadfully dark, neat hedges blocking everything out. My eyes adjusted to the darkness as I went, whipping past. I ran a hand along the right wall, following it. As long as I stay on the right wall I'll find my way out. I'd get 2nd at least, as my strategy took a while.

I ran, my heart pumping until I heard a rustle. I could hear the gentle muffle of the crowd grow, clearly they were watching me. I held my wand carefully, walking along.

Come on out.

Lance's POV

Hunk's hand rested tightly on my shoulder and I watched the projection intently. Bandor was making his way, Sven was making his way through a trap field. The screen switched to (y/n). I shifted forward watching her walk forward, arms at the defense.

You got this.

Something lurched forward at her and crowd roared. It ran full speed and she ran at it, sliding beneath where it jumped at her. It only managed a scratch, dirt coating both of them. She planted her feet, knees bent carefully as she launched a spell at the creature. It fell, paralyzed and the Hogwarts section whooped wildly. She ran, hugging the right wall still.

It switched back to the other competitor, Sven and I let out a breath of relief, smiling.

"That's my girl!" Pidge said. "That's my best friend! Did you see that shit! She like ninja slid under that thing!" I high fived Hunk as we all cheered.

She's got this.

(Y/n)'s POV

I placed a mud caked hand over my cut and hissed when it stung. I shook my head, keeping on my path. I stopped abruptly when I saw a string glint. A few traps had already gone off, probably Bandor or Sven. I disarmed most of them with a spell and ran through, hopping over a few that remained.

I ran face first into Sven. He spun quickly, arming himself. He called out something but I ducked, watching whatever spell it was sail into the hush behind me. I tripped him, watching him fall.

That was my advantage. They were all relying on magic, no the physical aspects. I blurted out a temporary paralysis spell and Sven laid where I had tripped him. I ran past him. A few dead ends and another creature I reached the end. My face was bleeding heavily and I was smudged with dirt.

Somehow Sven had beat me and I reached second, Bandor just seconds behind me. I wiped the dirt, or rather smudged it, from my cheek and watched the blood run off on my forearm.

"First goes to Sven! Second to (y/n)!" I heard a scream at my name, "and third to Bandor. Trial 2 will commence momentarily!"

A nurse rushed to clean the dirt from me and my cut, but didn't heal it on account of the shortened time. I glanced to Bandor, seeing a bandage being wrapped around his forearm. Sven remained relatively unscathed. I glanced to the crowd. Pidge shrieked when I looked at her and I smiled slightly.

Lance gave me a worried but proud of me smile. I could even see from here the mice had even come with Allura, seated atop her head, Blue watching intently.

"Trial 2!"

~Calymari