Desserts | Chpt 49

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"The teachers basically said you were exempt seeing as you were essentially dead for a while," Lance said. I chuckled then winced, gripping his arm. They were currently fixing my broken leg so that I might go home to rest for winter break rather than stay here. My condition was more than stable and they went ahead with fixing my leg. Lance was currently keeping me company while it was happening.

He had been keeping me company quite a lot the past few days, him and Pidge. Keith has made his effort to see me and was keeping tabs on school for me. My dad had returned home to do things for Christmas per my request.

"Oh did I tell you what Keith did the other day?" Lance said, trying to distract me.

"Uh, no?"

"There was this potion we were supposed to make and he added 2 Phoenix feathers instead of one and he singed the edges of his mullet off!" He said.

"Oh my God."

"Don't worry it's still way too long," he replied and I laughed again.

"All done, just wait here for a little while and don't move your leg," the nurse said, standing up. I smiled and sighed, laying my head back on the pillow.

"Hey what are you doing for Christmas?"

"Well, usually Keith stays with us until Christmas Eve, he leaves after the party to spend Christmas with Shiro and now Adam. Pidge and her family always celebrate Christmas with us, and they come about a week before maybe sooner now because of my injuries this year," I replied. "What about you?"

"I spend time with my family," he replied. I nodded, making a mental note to go visit him during the break. Maybe they would come to our Christmas Eve party. "You tired?"

I shook my head yes, wondering how he had guessed it. I placed my head against his shoulder, shutting my eyes slightly.

"That wasn't an invitation to fall asleep on me you know. You have pillows." I shushed him and I felt his shoulders fall from his ears, easing into his breath.

"So how's it going with Nyma?" I asked.

"Well, I spend so much time in here I hardly see her. Rumor is she's dating Rolo now," he said, pressing a cheek to the top of my head.

"She doesn't deserve you. I never liked her anyways," I replied and he chuckled slightly.

"And why is that?"

"Oh you know, she just didn't come off the right way," I replied and he let out a soft hum.

"Yeah it totally wasn't your obvious crush on me," he said and I sat up.

"Preposterous, never even thought of, how dare you," I said and he smirked. "If my leg worked right now I'd kick you."

"It was so blatant come on," he said.

"Yeah right if anything you had a crush on me," I said and he let out a scoff.

"Never."

"Alright then so we agree that we both mutually hated each other."

"Yes," he responded, "of course that doesn't count for the crush you have on me now." My jaw dropped and I began to retaliate when the nurse came back. I shut up as the nurse had me wiggle my toes and bend my knee. Everything was a little shaky, but I was allowed to walk a little during my last day in the infirmary. The nurse left again.

"For the record, I don't have a crush on you," I stated and he nodded, still not convinced. Though it might've been true was he said, that didn't mean I had to admit to it.

"I'll let you take a nap and I'll be back later. I'll sneak you some desserts from dinner," he replied.

"Now that's what we're friends for," I replied as he got up. "See you later Lance."

"I'll be back, love you," he stated and I paused, staring at the back of his unmoving head.

"What?" He turned around, a pink color across his cheeks.

"Nothing, I didn't say anything. Bye!" He called, dashing away. I stared at the spot he had once been standing in, then down to my legs. I blinked in confusion, my mind now reeling.

"Excuse me?" A nurse poked his head into my curtain. "Could you call a Katie Holt to come see me?"

~~~

"He said what now?"

"I said see you later and he said, 'bye, love you' and then got all flustered like what the hell does that mean?" I asked. Good ol' Pidge came in after dinner to talk to me. Lance had in fact not come back after dinner, most likely because of before.

"Maybe it was friendly. I love you, but that doesn't mean I have a crush on you," she said. I nodded.

"But he got badly embarrassed by it."

"Probably because all you said was 'what?' He thought he made a mistake," she replied. "He's keen on not making anymore mistakes around you."

"What? Why?"

"Well you did scare the crap out of us with the coma and everything," she replied. "I certainly don't want to waste time with you or anybody else anymore."

"Oh," I murmured softly.

"Plus I may or may not have told him that you used to like him," she said and I choked out a cough.

"What?!"

"It's nothing really, but I told him you got over him and to not mess that up."

"Mess that up how?!"

"By telling you he likes you."

"He likes me?!"

"Well I don't know if he does, from my view he does, but technically it's not confirmed." She said. She glanced up at me, my mind racing as I stared at her incredulously. "What?"

"I'm so confused right now." She pressed her lips into a thin line.

"Look. Lance has been a weird part of your life for a long time now. He cares about you like all your friends do, but because you two have such a weird past and have allegedly liked each other at certain points it's a little different when things like saying 'love you' occur. I say you just enjoy him being around and let things go how they go," she explained.

"Okay so...if he's not dating Nyma and I do happen to like him now, then..." she stared at me. "Right let things go how they go. I'll leave it be."

"Good." She said. "I have to go study for finals now, unlike somebody I know."

"Break your leg fighting a huge creature then," I replied and she smirked. She started off and paused.

"Wait before I forget," she said, reaching into the pocket of her robe and pulling out a bag of cookies. "Lance told me to give these to you."

She handed them to me and hugged me before she left. I smiled at the little bag of desserts and sighed. I pulled one out and bit into one with content.

Love you too Lance.

~Calymari