Blue | Chpt 2

I'm actually like so proud of this story!! Yay!!

The picture...I just had to 😂

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I peeked out into the morning air, noticing it was relatively quiet. I sat up, noticing it was around 3 in the morning, not nearly time for school and I let out a quiet huff. Swinging my feet over the edge of the bed. I noticed the mice sleeping peacefully like Allura except for the smallest one. He peered up at me and I reached a finger to scratch at the back of his neck.

"You and me bud," I murmured and the mouse snuggled up to my hand. He scuttled up my arm, resting on my shoulder. "I guess you can come for a walk too." I looked to Pidge who was hanging half off her mattress, drool from her mouth. I giggled as the mouse mimicked her. "You're quite emotive, I like you," I said, scratching his back again. I glanced to Allura again as I passed her bed. She was neat in her bed. Honestly, how could one person be that pretty while they sleep. I glanced at my ruffled hair and sighed. "I wish."

I headed down the steps, the small mouse gently clinging to my pajama top. I peeked out, the hallway empty. Of course everyone was sleeping better than me. I silently walked down the hall, looking out the large windows to the courtyard. The moon was out and shining over the school, giving the hallway an eerie glow. It was so peaceful.

I felt fingers grip at my arm and I opened my mouth to scream, only to have my mouth muffled. The mouse's claws griped into my shoulder and my muffled noises were all I heard as I was roughly yanked into a small crook in the hall, out of sight of people. I felt someone pressed up against me and I opened my eyes, finding them an inch or two from muted blue ones. I recognized them and Lance's and I mentally cursed. He held up a finger to his mouth signaling for me to be quiet and before I could question I heard the patter of feet down the hall.

"Where is he?" I recognized the voice belonged to Slav, an annoying hall officer here. He was obviously looking for Lance who shouldn't have been out roaming the halls either and Lance's breathing slowed to be silent, both of us crammed in the small space. I watched his eyes, the only thing that wasn't covered by the ugly green goop covering his face. Was he wearing a face mask? His eyes looked more peaceful like the ocean right in this moment, but I was fully distracted by the mask on his skin. I was holding in my laughter and he glanced over to me staring at him.

"Take a picture it'll last longer," he said, his voice quiet as Slav passed.

"I didn't know you used face masks!!" I whispered, letting out a tiny laugh and he frowned. "My God a picture would be great right now!" The blackmail that I could get right now was insane. He took some off his cheek and wiped it on my face to which I looked at him with wide offended eyes.

"Hah,"

"Shut up," I hissed, pulling the goop off my cheek. "what the hell are you doing out here anyway?"

"I could ask you the same question miss perfect." I watched him scrape off the rest and into his hands. He slipped out of the space and threw it away.

"I couldn't sleep," I said, following him.

"And neither could I," he replied.

"Somehow I just don't believe that."

"What's it to you?" I sighed and relaxed against the wall besides the garbage can, holding a hand out for the small mouse to crawl on.

"You okay bud?" The mouse dug at my hand to signal he was okay and Lance just stared at the small creature. "You want to pet him?" He glanced up at me with shining eyes and just nodded, running a clean, gentle hand over the mouse. I felt Lance's fingers brush over my palm as he did so, but I just ignored it.