How It Ends | Epilogue

Hiya.

So this is the end...

I know very sudden but it is what it is.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"There are a million and one things I'd rather be doing than this right now," I said, staring at the pile of papers sorting itself on my desk. Lance placed food on the empty side of my desk, leaning up against the wall there.

"Am I one of them?" I tossed a pencil his way as he laughed. "What are you even working on?"

"I've got to finish this paperwork and stop by the office before I go meet Pidge and Allura," I sighed.

"Since when did you get a kelpie?" He asked, looking at the file that had just presented itself at the top of the stack.

"Last week and she hardly trusts me. I can barely feed her it's a task every day. Laura found him some ways off the coast in this small little pen. Some magic breeder had been trafficking the poor animal so she brought the kelpie in," I said. "That's who I've got to visit in the office and I've got to feed the golden snigets."

"Awe and I can't come?" He asked.

"You really like Peri don't you?" I asked, smiling up at him. I'd been watching over Peri the golden sniget for the longest time now. Even after the magical creature protection laws had been set in place, people still used the poor birds as snitches for Quidditch. I had disbanded a huge underground group and saved a couple snigets. Peri was the youngest and warmed up to me the fastest, but she loved Lance the most.

Since Care of Magical Creatures had been my best and favorite subject, I decided to work with rescuing and protecting these magical creatures with a small agency of my own attached to the ministry of magic. Lance had moved on to become the number one Quidditch shop owner in Diagon Alley

"Must you go out tonight?"

"Those were my plans, why did you need something?" I asked, turning in my chair. He smiled and leaned down to kiss me.

"No, I just miss you already," he murmured and I groaned.

"Oh don't say things like that, you know they make me distracted," I said.

"Perhaps that was the point," he said and I groaned again, shooing him from my office. I worked for a while before snatching up my coat to head to the office and sanctuary. "When will you be back?"

"In a few hours," I said, pecking him on the lips as I slid on my coat.

"Don't be too long," he said. Before I could turn to go he scooped me up into a better kiss, and I sighed into him. When I returned that evening I hadn't expected the floor to be littered in rose petals.

The creatures had been fed and so had I during dinner with Allura and Pidge who had both been acting strangely all evening. Perhaps they had something to do with it all. I wandered into the kitchen when I saw Lance waiting there, a grand smile on his face.

"What is all this?" I asked, glancing around before I saw Lance's figure drop. "Oh my..."

He held out a ring and I held back saying yes until he had said what he needed to say. Ask what he wanted to ask.

"(Y/n), Hogwarts sweetheart," I chuckled slightly, placing a hand gently over my mouth. "I've caught a lot of snitches in my life, but you are the greatest catch I've ever had to honor of getting. Will you marry me?"

"Was that a pick up line? In the middle of the proposal?"

"Maybe."

"Oh you dummy, yes!" I replied, hugging him as he stood. So that was why they had been acting so strangely. I felt my eyes begin to water as I squeezed him tighter. "I'm marrying an doofus."

"Yes, yes you are."

"Lucky me."

~Calymari