Bludger | Chpt 11

Heyo!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I sighed and pulled my hair back. It had been 2 long weeks of agonizing class with Lance, agonizing practice with Lance, just everything with Lance.

And now I had to play him in a game of Quidditch.

I wiped at my under eyes, as if that would get rid of my tiredness. I couldn't be lazy during the game. I pulled my broom out from underneath my bed, running through my checklist.

Once I was done with everything I headed down the stairs, gripping my broom in hand. I walked down the hall, random people from my house and even other houses wished me good luck. I passed by Lotor who scoffed at me, probably at how small I looked compared to him, but I just ignored it. When I reached the door to the field another hand went to grab the handle.

"Keith!" I said, smiling.

"Hey," he replied, following me out the door.

"Ready to watch me play?" I asked.

"Not really, I swear to god you better be safe and whoop Lance's ass," he said to which I laughed.

"I'll try," I said. We walked along until the stadium. Keith parted to find a seat, with Shiro most likely, and I walked onto the field, jogging over to my team who was warming up. I joined them in the weird exercise until the game was about to start.

"Alright team, we've got this, go on and wish the other team good luck and get up in the air!" She said. I glanced over and Slytherin was ready to begin the game and we walked over, briefly wishing the other team good luck. I locked eyes with Lance who looked distracted. We got up in the air and the game began. I watched as the snitch darted out of sight and I flew in its general direction, ducking out of the way of a bludger. I spotted the snitch near the edge of the stadium, diving lower than the rest of the players to reach it. I glanced around but I couldn't see Lance anywhere. Wasn't he supposed to be here?

I flew at the snitch, unable to reach it just yet, flitting in between the players along with the small golden ball. Where the hell was Lance? I flew after it until it made a sharp 90 degree turn and I halted, face to face with Lance. I paused before going after the snitch again and Lance seemed to register he had to go after me too. We were now flying side by side and Lance had made no moves to knock me away. I pushed him, but he made now response. We were just both equally close to winning.  We followed the snitch into the middle and in my distraction with Lance I felt something slam into my leg. I swerved and slowed and I could already feel the welt in my leg from where a bludger must've hit me.

Regulation had made the bludgers less concussion worthy, but they still hurt like a bitch. My stomach curled and I just kept my leg still, going after Lance again, now realizing that he could grab the snitch at any time. So why wasn't he? He reached out, his fingertips skimming it and I shoved him out of the way, ignoring my leg. I wasn't about to lose this game. I pushed forward, expecting a shove back, but Lance just trailed behind as my hands wrapped around the cold sphere, feeling it struggle in my hand.

"RAVENCLAW!" I paused and lowered to the ground. My stomach was burning and my leg was aching, but it was nothing I couldn't handle. My team congratulated me with a pat on the back and I was lucky I didn't lose my balance. I hobbled into the lockers to retrieve my bag so I could shower in my dorm.

"Hey (y/n), you're coming to the opening season party, right?" My teammate asked.

"Uh, maybe, keep a lookout for me," I said, grabbing my bag. I should probably text Keith to come help me. I can't walk all the way back. I limped out of the locker room with my broom in hand. I glanced up and Lance was leaned up against the wall with his head down.