Stick It Out | Chpt 18

Heyo.

My writing is getting bad and I'm triggered.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Well.

So much for my good Tuesday.

A nurse pestered at me, fixing up my nose from the harsh elbow that had smashed into it 20 minutes ago. What the hell was Lance's problem? I nodded blankly to whatever the nurse was saying as she poked and prodded at my face. My god couldn't she just say something magic or give me something to fix my face so I could go?

"Isn't this your 2nd time here this week? It's only Tuesday and both you and your friend have come in here with injuries. Not to mention that arm of yours. You just love to get yourself hurt don't you?"

"I get it. Can you fix me and I'll be out of your way?!" I snapped and she dabbed a cream along my face, numbing the pain and I could feel something shift in my face.

"Run along." I stood up and got out of that drab place as soon as possible. I glanced at the camera in my phone and other than a streak across the bridge of my nose you wouldn't be able to tell it had been injured. I actually kind of looked like Takashi. I remember seeing him in the hall after he got that scar. Supposedly he had gotten it when dealing with some sort of creature, I can't quite remember what. It was quite strange to have a replicated scar on my face now. Well I suppose it wasn't permanent but still strange.

"Woah, someone's a Shiro fan girl," I glanced to Matt who had been passing.

"Thanks."

"The hair is all wrong."

"Shut up."

"What happened?" He asked and I sighed. Gryffindor hadn't been at practice.

"Elbow to the face, Lance."

"Bloody hell, I'm going to kill him," Matt grumbled and I shook my head.

"Maybe it was an accident, I don't know," I said. He nodded and accompanied me to the Ravenclaw house. When I said goodbye to him I received a text. From Lance.

Can I just sit down for like...2 minutes?

Sorry about the nose. You just got in my way.

Wow nice.

I entered the common room and picked up a random book on my way up the staircase. Pidge was napping when I arrived and Allura was playing with her mice. Blue seemed to perk up when I entered and ran to hop on my shoulder when I sank into my bed.

"What happened to you?" Allura asked, putting one of the mice back in the little house she had for them. They seemed so well trained they really didn't need a cage anymore, it was almost a little too constricting to them. Blue nestled into my collar bone and shut his eyes.

"Lance elbowed me in the face during Quidditch."

"Of course," she said.

"I'm just tired," I said, setting the book aside now realizing I didn't really want to read. I just wanted to sit and let my brain have a break.

"Yeah I get it," she said, setting down the last mouse. "You look like Shiro you know."

"Yeah Matt already pointed that out," I said.

"You okay? You sound a little more upset than just 'tired'," she said and I sighed.

"I don't know, it's just I finally sorted out everything yesterday and I thought today was going to be a good day, but I have this gut feeling Lance elbowed me on purpose."

"Why?"

"I don't know, he seemed nice today, and I thought all the serious stuff was behind us. I thought we could just be frenemies again, but I guess I pissed him off or something."

"Hmm, that's odd, you should just relax and sleep," she suggested and I nodded sinking slightly so I was more comfortable but not disturbing Blue. My sleep was restless on account of whatever was going on in the center of my face and I was extremely tired the next morning.

I guess I'm just really not meant to have a moment of peace.

The scar on my face was gone, but my nose and cheeks were red. I gingerly pressed a finger to my face and it didn't hurt it just looked like I was ill. My face was extremely warm.

"It doesn't look terrible does it Blue?" He squeaked lightly and nuzzled into my jawline. "Thanks, but I look ridiculous. I don't get why you like Lance too, he's the one who did this? He's making my life difficult." He squeaked again and I sighed. "I wish I knew what you were saying."

"He's saying you should stick it out." I jumped slightly at the sound of Allura's voice.

"What you understand him?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'm not sure why, but I think it has to do something with me being Altean," she said.

"So he really said that?" She nodded and he hopped from my shoulder to her cupped palm. "That's so cool, I wish I could understand him."

"He says you don't look ridiculous," she said and I sighed.

"I really wish I could believe that buddy," I said, scratching lightly behind his ears. "I should get to class."

"I'll see you later," she said, and I left, heading to Charms. Charms was really beginning to be my least favorite class due to Lance. Ever since we shifted from him being annoying to actually genuinely wanting to slit each other's throats it's been an awful start to my day. How could I have offended him so bad?

When I arrived he was already there, eyeing my face. I walked over and sat down. I put my book on the table and sat down. He didn't say anything.

"Hi," I greeted and he didn't respond, not even a nod or anything. "No pick up line today?" He remained silent. "Dude you elbowed me in the face, the least you could do is say hello."

Nothing.

"Fine, I've been trying to get you to shut up for years I don't know why I'm doing anything now," I said, turning to look at Professor Bii Boh Bi.

He would remain that way for the rest of the classes until Potions. It was quiet as we worked, Pidge and I exchanging our input on how the potion was going. Keith was busy mixing the potion and Lance was refusing to look at me, glowering at Keith as he worked. They were of course bickering quietly and I couldn't really complain because they were at least trying to keep the fighting away from me. Keith honestly seemed confused and a little angry and Lance was positively fuming.

"Everything okay over here?" I asked as Pidge watched around my arm.

"Fine," Lance hissed.

"No it's really not."

"Shut up Kogane."

"No! I have to hear you trying to fight me about this, why shouldn't I embarrass you right now, I've got nothing stopping me."

"Because it's your fault!"

"It's clearly not, you're just being a prick. You have no right to even consider." Consider what?

"You're a dick."

"I'm not wrong. You have no right to consider even doing anything, because you don't deserve it."

"What's going on?" I asked and Lance glanced over at me.

"You really want to know?" Keith asked. I nodded and Lance balled up his fists.

"Lance was yelling at me for a--" Lance reached up slapped a hand over Keith's mouth. Keith hit his arm away and glared at him.

"You know what never mind, I don't care," I said as Coran emptied our cauldrons and dismissed us. "I'm just so sick of this."

God I wish I was boring.

~Calymari