Axca | Chpt 22

Reeeeeeeeeee.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Keith wore a guilty look, one like a puppy who had gotten into something it shouldn't have, when class was dismissed and I pulled him to the side of the hall. Lance had been rude all class, and whatever had bothering him then was still bothering him.

"Keith, what were you and Lance fighting about that one day, when he wouldn't let you tell me," I said. Keith seemed surprised I hadn't ripped him a new one for being so rude earlier, but I didn't particularly care for small things like that. Solving problems, not creating them.

Keith was slow in answering, racking his brain for the particular instance I was talking about. "Do you mean before you left?" I nodded. "Well, wait-- OH, he was fighting with me because he was going to ask you to the Yule Ball."

"What?" He paused at my response, the slight rush of remembering finally overtaking the actual news he had just broken to me.

"Well, I don't know, I thought it was weird and I only asked you as a friend so you had a date and we could hang out, but he didn't take it that way."

"But why would he want to take me? Of all people?" I watched Lance pass with Nyma and I frowned.

"I'm not sure, I guess he wasn't actually planning on asking you, he just wanted you to go alone. Because even if I hadn't asked, he wouldn't have."

"But he wanted to."

"Yeah, but probably just to mess with you," Keith muttered and I frowned.

"Well, no need to worry about that anymore, he's going with Nyma and you and I are going to be the best brotp there," I said. He smiled.

"I figured you wouldn't want to go alone since Allura is deciding on Lotor asking her and Hunk has Shay and Pidge is going to hang around them, we can have f--"

"Wait Lotor asked Allura to the Yule Ball?!" I asked, glancing at my watch. It was nearing class time.

"Right, you were gone, but he did and I think she's going to say yes," he said.

"That jerk!" I said, raising my voice slightly and catching the gaze of a few other people in the halls. My face flushed and I glanced around. "She cannot say yes to him, doesn't she know how mean he is to me?"

"I guess not," Keith said.

"Bloody hell," I muttered. "I-I'll see you later, text me or something." I gave Keith a quick side hug to which he didn't know how to respond. He wasn't one for hugs at all. I hurried to my next classes which were terribly silent now that Lance refused to talk to me now.

Maybe it had just occurred to him that he was mad and was trying to act accordingly, but I found it heartless considering what I had just told him that morning. I yawned towards the end of my last class, ready to leave and hang out with someone. I was finding it more gratifying to hang around with friends rather than sit alone in the quiet like I used to.

Sure I had friends, but it just wasn't as fun to do stuff alone compared to it with friends. Something like homework for example. When the professor dismissed us, I was extremely to escape the silent stares from Lance burning a hole in my head.

A question, an unanswerable one as of right now, had posed itself in the front of my brain's movie projector of thoughts and pictures. Now that's the only thing I can see.

If he was going with Nyma now, why is he still bitter about Keith asking to go as friends? Was he really that upset in not getting to torment me up close at the dance? Or was his anger towards something else?

He had resumed his angry treatment towards me right after he walked in on me hugging Keith, so it seemed accurate.

What if Keith was right and he just wanted to ask me to screw me over, literally and physically? I cringed. The thought he genuinely wanted to go with me seemed so far off, so much so that I could barely see it, let alone imagine it.

I pulled my phone from my pocket, and began to debate who I would hang out with, trying to distract from what Keith had shared with me. It was weird knowing something that he didn't want me to know. That was another thing, was he embarrassed?

Maybe he was embarrassed in the failed plans to mess with me, or maybe he was embarrassed for thinking of the idea in the first time. He must be embarrassed to be associated with me especially since I got picked before he could pick me.

Plus I would've said no anyways.

I headed up the spiraling staircase, my phone still in my hand. I hadn't done anything but opened my texts, still immensely distracted. I texted Keith and learned he was with Shiro, busy with something. I didn't want to talk to Allura in case she was seriously debating going with Lotor, because I don't want to get into that on my first day back.

Matt had a study date with his 'girlfriend'.

Pidge and Hunk were in the lab with Coran.

Adam and I make really awkward conversation sometimes, I haven't really warmed up to him just yet.

So I was alone.

I sighed and decided on a walk through the halls. I walked along, minding my own business when I noticed Lotor fighting with one of his posse girls and I slowed to eavesdrop. They seemed to be fighting over something Lotor had done to some kid, and she eventually stormed off when he dared her to leave. I followed her along, wanting to see if she was okay and she eventually spun around.

"Would you stop following me L--" she paused when she saw it wasn't him and I smiled awkwardly. "Sorry."

"Sorry, I was kind of following you," I said. "You okay?" She was extremely pretty and reminded me a lot of Keith with stark eyebrows curved downwards to give her a serious look. She had pretty eyes though, and lips that would look nice if she smiled. I admired her hair as well, the way it was cut was really cool.

"Yeah, he's just-- a real jerk, I don't know why I hang out with him," she muttered, crossing her arms. "Axca by the way."

"Nice to meet you, I'm (y/n)," I said, nodding my head. "And trust me, I know he's a royal pain." She laughed slightly, proving my point about her mouth.

"Are you the seeker for Ravenclaw?" She asked and I nodded. "You're really good."

"Thanks, what house are you?"

"Slytherin," she said and I smiled.

"Wait, aren't you that girl that really hates Lance?"

"How did you know?"

"He loves to complain," she said. "I can't do my homework in the common room anymore honestly." I laughed. "I'm heading to dinner and it's open seating, want to sit with me?"

"Yeah sure! You can meet some of my friends!"

"Cool, nice to have met you."

"Ditto."

~Calymari