Sweet | Chpt 66

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Early that next Thursday morning, my dad took me down to the train station where we would be waiting for Lance. He was particularly nicely dressed for this early in the morning, just to pick someone up.

"You could've just worn jeans you know," I said, glancing over at his sweater vest.

"Why? Is this dorky?"

"Dad."

"What?"

"You sound like he's your date, not mine," I said, crossing my arms over my chest and he brushed me off.

"I do not." I raised an eyebrow and she just ignored me. More and more I began to see a goofier side of my dad. "You know, I remember waiting for your mom here. She used to always take the later train so she could pack up her stuff and my mother used to require me to come home as soon as I could. I hated riding the train by myself, but it was a nice feeling to see her get off the train even if it was just a few hours."

I smiled slightly, shoving my hands in my jean pockets. There were a few old pictures of my mother around and I thought I looked a lot like her. I used to request to have my hair cut like hers when I was younger so we looked even more like each other.

The train pulled up, steam billowing up around the platform from the train. The doors clunked open and people started off, my father and I both watching carefully. I watched Lance step off and spot me quickly. I waved to him and he headed our direction.

"Oh, he's attractive I can see why you like him."

"Dad I swear," I threatened, greeting Lance with a hug. He hugged back tightly before glancing at my dad.

"Hello, I'm Lance. Nice to meet you sir," he said, offering a firm handshake. My dad shook his hand and I could tell by the look on his face that he already liked Lance.

"So Lance tell me about yourself!" Lance went into chatting about himself and his family while my hand slipped into his.

"So I come from a pretty big household," he said.

"I bet it's a little chaotic. If you ever need a place to come and relax during the summer, my door is always open," my father opened.

"Thank you sir, here," Lance held open the door for me to crawl in first to the backseat. I sat in the back to keep Lance company and my dad zipped back home, biting his tongue when he ran into any bad drivers.

When we returned there was a rush to the kitchen for my dad, most likely to make breakfast for our honored guest.

"You can our your stuff in my room," I offered, gesturing to my door. He followed me in and placed his small bag down, glancing around my room with intrigue. "What?"

"I'm just looking," he replied innocently, walking over to my bookshelf. He picked up a small dolphin toy, one that I've had since I was a child, and smiled. "you like the ocean?"

"Yeah, I do," I said, crossing my arms.

"So do I."

"Oh my God, we should get married now!" I exclaimed sarcastically and he chuckled slightly. "I can take you to the beach this weekend, but it's too cold to swim."

"Awesome," he replied, holding out an arm for me to slip under. I did, curling myself against his waist and he kissed my forehead. I watched him scan through my books, interested to see what I liked to read.

"Breakfast!" I head my dad call from the kitchen and I felt Lance perk up.

We headed into the kitchen, both of us spotting waffles.

"How did you make these this fast?" I asked, seating myself.

"They might be magic waffles, but that's beside the point," my dad said, setting syrup on the table as he sat. Lance happily ate and I watched him for a moment. It was nice to know he really wanted to come see me and meet my dad. I glanced up to see my dad staring at me, bursting to say something but I glared at him to which he backed off.

It wasn't until my father and I were alone did he say something.

"I just love the way you look at him," he blurted and I grimaced.

"Ugh you said you wouldn't be weird."

"It's not! I just think it's really sweet," he replied and I sighed, smiling inward at myself.

"Thanks."

~Calymari