A-DAMN | Chpt 16

Hewwo.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

After announcing our victory we were dismissed from team bonding, and I stood besides Shiro and Matt, ready to go meet up with Keith and clear up that I wasn't mad about this morning. Shiro picked up his robe and I remembered mine was waiting in the Potions room.

"Uh hold on, text me where you're at I need to pick up my robe," I said, leaving the room and heading down the hall. It was quiet and I cursed the burn in my legs from walking all the way back. I really wish I had remembered when Lance and I were already there.

Shit. Lance.

He wanted to talk after Quidditch. Whatever, if I could avoid it, I would. I entered the empty class room and saw my robe over the chair. I picked it up, glancing around. Bob was gone and so was the pot, so it must've been some sort of magic hallucination or something. Weird. I turned away from the chair and jumped at the figure in the doorway.

"Bloody hell!" I blurted, placing a hand on my wand tucked in my back pocket.

"Sorry!" The lights flickered on and Lance filled in the person's silhouette.

"You scared the shit out of me McClain could you not?"

"Oh I did?"

"Yes."

"Score for me."

"Shut up." He paused and cleared his throat.

"Uh, so can we talk?" He asked. I clenched my jaw and sighed.

"I suppose, that's what we're doing right now aren't we?"

"Heh yeah." All fell silent again and I just gripped onto my robe.

"So?" He glanced up and swallowed.

"I just...I just wanted to say I was sorry, for what I said. It was totally out of line and not at all true. I mean I'm the one without any friends and I'm the youngest kid and everything and, I just never meant to say anything bad and untrue and I'm sorry," he rambled. I paused and crossed my arms, hugging the robe.

"Okay." He glanced up.

"What?"

"Okay. I accept your apology, just don't talk about my mom like that. I give up that information to specific people, so don't make me regret it."

"I-- I won't, it was totally uncalled for."

"And don't think this makes us anything more than enemies," I said, arching an eyebrow.

"Of course."

"Alright then, I'll see you around," I said, standing up straight. I punched his shoulder lightly and brushed past him. I stopped in the doorway and paused. "Oh and McClain?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't beat yourself up so much, you should give yourself some credit." I said, smiling slightly. He nodded. "And I'd appreciate at least a little competition tomorrow, it's getting too easy." He nodded again, a small smile on his face. "Later idiot."

"Later asshole." He said grinning and I took off down the hall to meet up with everyone. For once in a while I felt quite good and I knew he didn't really mean it. He may be a jerk and a flirt, but I know he could never really mean that sort of stuff. I ran towards the open area near Gryffindor where everyone was waiting.

"Hey (y/n)," I glanced over at Adam who had greeted me. Adam had been getting better in my book, our first impressions weren't great.

"You would not believe what Shiro just said!" Matt said, snorting.