Direct Kiss | Chpt 53

Hello!!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n)?"

"Oh, hi Mrs. McClain. I, uh—"

"Looking for Lance?" She asked and I nodded sheepishly. "Come on in." I stepped up and her hand gently brushed my back to usher me in.

"Thank you."

Lance's house was unbelievably well kept despite the amount of people that lived there. All the furniture was well kept, but appeared to be antique just by the design. Photos of all the kids lined the wall with missing teeth and bandaids to graduation pictures and such.

"Lance! Mijo! Someone to see you!" She called and I heard footsteps around upstairs.

"VERONICA SHE SAID ME NOT YOU!" the pair bounced down the steps, freezing at the bottom when they saw me.

"Oh (y/n)! Hey!" Veronica said and Lance shoved her off him.

"Veronica come on and help me in the kitchen," Mrs. McClain said, gripping her arm.

"Hey? What are you doing here? Can't get enough of me? We saw each other yesterday."

"Hah Yeah," I said, grabbing at the nape of my neck and I watched his face go pink. "I just figured you might want to hang out today? I should've texted first, but Pidge insisted I surprise you."

"Oh yeah! I'd love to!"

"Finally a friend wants to hang out with him for a change," Veronica commented from the ajar door. I heard a soft thump. "Ow! Mama!"

"You hush." I smiled slightly.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Oh well—"

"Woah boy!" I heard a large thump and nails clatter against the floors. A particularly large dog bounded in and tackled me face first. I feel back with a yelp, feeling the collie lick my face. I let out a laugh, the dog pinning me down to give the new guest attention.

"Okay Bub, off," the collie leapt up to seat himself by Lance's feet and Lance offered me a hand. "Sorry about him, I hope you're a dog person."

"It's fine, I don't mind," I replied, taking his hand and helping myself up. "What's his name?"

"Bubby."

"Bubby?"

"Yeah, That one was my fault," he said and I chuckled, squatting to pet the dog properly.

"Hi, Bubby boy," I cooed, scratching behind his ears.

"So where are we going?"

"Oh is around the city okay?"

"Yeah," he replied and I glanced up at him, standing.

"Perfect."

~~~

"So what's it like in the Slytherin common room?" I asked, walking beside Lance. My nose was frosted at the tip and my hands were dug deep in my pockets.

"Mmm, snakey?" He said. "I'd call it more of a chamber than anything else."

"Hmm."

"You?"

"Books. Lots of books."

"Why did you ask?" He asked, pausing to wait for the crosswalk light to give the okay.

"I've always wondered. Gryffindor is like a little cosy cabin and Hufflepuff is just how you would expect. I've never had a Slytherin friend before so I didn't know."