When Did You Love Me? | Chpt 67

Hello there

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Do you want to go somewhere?" I asked and Lance glanced up from his phone.

"Sure, where?"

"Food?"

"Ugh, yes please," he replied, jolting up from the chair he was sat in.

"Dad! We're going to eat! Want me to bring something back?" I called.

"No! Have fun!" He called back and I quickly shoved Lance out the door. I huddled up in my jacket, tugging my bag strap around me closely.

"We can go to that, Uh, what's that one pizza place?" I asked.

"Mmm, that one pizza place..." I gave him a look and he grinned slightly.

"It's like Alfredo's or like Lou's or something I don't friggin know," I sighed.

"Mario's?"

"No that place is garbage."

"Woah, tell me how you really feel."

"LUIGI'S!"

"That's not a place," he giggled. "You only said that because I said Mario."

"Goddamn it," I pouted. "Wait, what about Mariano's?"

"That little place on the corner, next to that bookstore?"

"Yes! I knew I dated you for a reason!"

"Wow thanks," he said sarcastically and I flashed finger guns in his direction. I took his hand as we walked.

"Ah the lesser known chains, that one pizza place and that bookstore," I hummed and he nudged me for acting so ridiculously. "Got any new pick up lines for me? I haven't heard one in a while."

"What? You like those?!" I glanced over at him, pursing my lips.

"No?"

"Hah! I knew you liked those!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just lay one on me."

"I'd rather hear about all the stuff that made you fall in love with me," he said, wriggling his eyebrows at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Was it my raw charisma and sexual magnetism?"

"Mmm that's not it..." I said. "You're kind of a dork."

"Hey!" I laughed at his exclamation.

"Okay, well I enjoyed..." I paused, trying to think of something.

"Don't hurt yourself," he said and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I guess I liked how persistent you were. But then again it was kind of annoying," I continued.

"You suck." I smiled and kissed the back of his hand to which his face went slightly pink.

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"If I recall, you liked me far earlier than I liked you. Don't you remember that time you tried to slip me a love potion while we were at Hogsmeade?" I asked and he sputtered.

"That was a joke!"

"Uh huh," I said.

"Look, the moment I started liking you isn't important."

"No, I want to know!" I replied. "I realized that I liked your annoying ass when you kissed me at the Yule Ball. Your turn."

"The Yule ball? Really?"

"Yes, though I may not have admitted it to myself right away it was pretty obvious. Don't change the subject," I said.

"I really don't—"

"Tell me hoe." He paused, his face falling.

"Well..."

Lance's POV

I crossed my arms, glancing around the train for my best friend Hunk. I spotted him from across the way, seated across from an extremely beautiful girl. I approached, Hunk spotting me and inviting me into the spot next to him.

"This is Allura, she's letting us sit here until her friend gets here," he said and I grinned. She eyed me wearily and I did what I always did. She avidly rejected my advance towards her.

"(Y/n)!" She called to her friend and another girl advanced, shyly smiling and giving a low wave with her suitcase in hand. My lips parted slightly, something about the girl approaching so interesting. She put her suitcase and I noticed her shirt roll up to expose her stomach. She glanced down at my direction and I watched her eyes roll, seating herself across from me. She shook Hunk's hand first, offering hers up to me second.

"Hola Bonita." The words slipped from my mouth without thinking and her face shifted to an uncomfortable glance. I suppose she understood me. Conversation ensued about my behavior towards Allura, further soiling my reputation with (y/n). What a pretty name. She gave me a good luck seeing as Allura was in love with some 3rd year. I spat something bitterly about the fact they were Ravenclaws, though I had intended to say something playful.

I just kept digging my own grave.

As the train pulled away, I couldn't stop staring at her. She wasn't the conventional type of pretty, but the longer I stared at her the prettier she got. Light filtered in through the window and settled against her low sat eyelashes while she flickered through her music. She glanced up, noticing that I had been staring and my face went ghastly, turning away with embarrassment. I was so unsure how to act around her.

When we left I bumped shoulders with her while I passed, feeling my inner frustration bubble up from my stomach. I heard her mutter and that evening she seemed to hate me even more and more and I couldn't think of anything else to do but hate her back.

I went to bed with the image of her so close to me after telling me off in the library earlier that evening.

(Y/n)'s POV

I listened intently to Lance, my smile growing more and more. He finished and glanced up at me.

"I know it's sad."

"What? No!" I said, stopping him. "That's so weirdly sweet."

"Really?"

"Yeah! I never knew that's why you disliked me. You liked me so much you hated me," I grinned.

"You're weird," he said.

"Maybe, but I think it's so cute," I said, poking his cheek. "Oh."

"What?"

"Awe, no you liked me for 4 years? I'm so sorry that must've been hard."

"I guess...I just sort of tried my best to ignore it," he said, frowning."

"Awe, but you liked me for 4 years, I can't believe you felt like that for so long," I said, clutching my chest. I hugged him and he let out a breath. "I love you. Sorry for making you wait for that long."

"That's okay. I don't mind the wait."

~Calymari