Home Wrecker | Chpt 26

Hello.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I headed back to the hall for a moment after Lance had left. I wanted to text him and dance with him, thank him, all sorts of things.

Especially talk about the kiss.

Should I just go back to the dorm for the night?

I pulled out my phone.

I wish I stopped you from leaving now I have to find you, where are you?

Open area? Is it Lotor again? What happened?

I just wanted to talk.

About?

Us kissing.

Oh, well, I'll be here, open area near Slytherin.

I was relatively close to there and I headed to where he would be waiting. I spotted him sat on top of a table all alone and I smiled and waved.

"Hey, feeling better?" He asked, hopping off the table.

"Yes, thanks to you," I said, putting my arms behind my back. "So."

"So."

"What now?" I said and watched him shove his hands in his pockets.

"Well, you're feeling better now right?" I nodded, feeling my stomach drop. "And I'm assuming you'll make up with Allura soon." I forgot about that. "So all the ends are tied up."

"That's it?"

"Well yeah, is there something else?" I paused. I thought when he said things earlier he liked me. He was going to ask me to the dance for pete's sake.

"No, there's not, I just--I thought you might want to talk because of the whole--yeah," I stuttered.

"No, I'm fine. Besides the fact that I probably shouldn't have because of Nyma and everything. I just figured you'd be okay with it after I kissed you."

What?

"You sure?"

"Yeah? Are you?"

"Yeah," I replied. "I'll see you around, sorry to bother you." I turned and walked away, hiking up my dress slightly so I could get away faster.

I felt my eyes burn, but since I had cried so much just a few minutes ago, I had nothing. It was considerate of him to accept the fact that I most likely didn't like him, even though I sort of do.

It was evident that though Nyma was sort of annoying and controlling, but they've liked each other for a while now, and since I just realized exactly how much I had been craving being with Lance I'm late to the game.

What hurt was my own doing in getting my hopes up that our kiss earlier wasn't purely comfort.

What I don't understand is if he likes me or not. If he does, then wouldn't he break up with Nyma? Maybe it's sort of still new for him too and that's why. Or maybe since I accepted Keith's invitation he lost feelings for me.

Maybe he never had any.

I slowed my pace, taking off my shoes and cradled them to my torso. To put everything simply, I like Lance, and I don't know if he still likes me. If he does, he's going to keep dating Nyma because she's familiar and he doesn't know if I like him. Even if he did know, I have a gut feeling he'd stay with her anyways because of the familiarity. If he doesn't...I guess I'll just keep it to myself. I should keep it to myself if he likes me too. He seemed to think the kiss was for comfort, which it was, but it honestly made me realize so much more. And I guess it's just easier to let it go for now.