Caught | Chpt 60

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"So Lotor, have you been doing this?" Honerva asked.

"I swear on my mother I am not responsible for this," he insisted. I was sat uncomfortably in the headmaster's office.

"We have reason to believe it's you. You've been suspended and penalized for attacking other students, specifically (y/n). You tampered with the Triwizard Cup, that's a serious offense that if it weren't for me, could've gotten you expelled."

"I swear I haven't done this," he said, glancing to me. He gave me pleading eyes and I just glared at the ground, avoiding his gaze. "I'll prove it to you. Is there some way you could take away my magic for the time being. Please, you can't my father will kill me."

It was obvious his behavior was out of the ordinary for him. He seemed to be reacting rather normally in this situation and he seemed genuinely worried about leaving this school. Perhaps he was just a little misguided, but he was cruel nonetheless and the most obvious suspect.

"I suppose," she said, holding out a hand. It was obvious she had a soft spot for Lotor. He quickly handed her his wand and she did some magic. He tried a spell and couldn't until she gave back his powers. I hadn't expected her to be so powerful, though magic had evolved over time so it was entirely possible she was one of the most powerful witches to exist in this point in time...or ever. "You have 24 hours until I'll call your father to solve this."

"Thank you."

We were ushered from the room and I was allowed to return to classes in the morning. I wasn't too sure about this because if it wasn't in fact Lotor then whoever it was would try to get to me again and I wasn't too sure my mental stability was in any state to fight against another one of those visions or whatever they were.

I glanced at Lotor, afraid he was going to kill me for ratting him out. Or just attack me in general. He looked over at me, giving me an odd expression.

"What?" he asked.

"You're not going to kill me?" I asked, taking a step back. He sighed and leaned up against the wall.

"Not that I know of," he scoffed, letting his silky white hair fall to block his face. I let out a breath I had trapped up in my chest and crossed my arms. "I really didn't do it."

"You must realize that's hard to believe from my end."

"Clearly," he replied. "If you couldn't tell my father and I don't get along very well and Honerva...she's my mother."

"The...the headmaster is your mom?" I asked. "Wasn't expecting that."

"She disowned me a long time ago after she divorced my father. It why I even still have a chance at this school I think she feels bad for leaving me," he said.

I didn't quite know how to react in a situation like this. Lotor and I had always been at odds and he had almost gotten me killed.

"I swear to you I did not do this," he said. "I cannot let my father know about this."

I knew about Zarkon very well seeing as he made my dad's life a living hell at work everyday. If my dad wasn't in a separate division of the Ministry, he would be screwed under Zarkon's rule. I felt kind of bad for Lotor in that moment, but I was still weary of this being some sort of trick.

"I know I shouldn't, but I believe you," I said, placing a hesitant hand on his arm. He looked up at me as if I were crazy for what I just said, which I probably was.

"Thank you then," he said.

"If you're going to do anything, just try and figure out who it is then," I said. He nodded and I half smiled.

"(y/n) there you are!" Lance gripped hard on my arm, pulling me away from Lotor. "Lotor."

"Hello Lance." Lance glowered towards the guy and I placed another hand on Lance's arm.

"Let me know," I said, tugging Lance away and Lotor nodded at me again.

"Working with him? Really (y/n)? It's been like 2 days and you're already back in the infirmary. You're giving me a heart attack here!" he said.

"I'm sorry, it's just I'm finding it harder and harder to believe it's him Lance," I replied.

"Who else could it be?" he asked, eyeing me.

"I don't know, but today is a test to see if it's possibly him," I said. Lance shook his head. "Don't worry about it." I grasped his face in my hands and he was forced to look at me.

"Kind of hard for me not to."

"I know, just try not to. I got this," I replied.

"You know the last time you were convincing me of this you ended almost dying?" he offered and I nodded.

"I know, but little images aren't going to kill me this time. It's no...fwooper," I said and he licked his lips, forcing himself to look down against my hands grip.

"You remember...the second trial?" he asked, placing his forehead against mine.

"Yeah?"

"And you said the second hallucination was me?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

"Why wasn't it someone like Lotor? Why was I the one holding you back?" he asked. I was taken aback by his question. It had been so long since this happened, was he holding back all this time?

"I guess...it was because you were on my mind. You know we talked before and you're always on my mind," I said. "And...because I was afraid that you might not love me. You're one of the few people in my life that really means a lot which means what you think of me means a lot too."

"But I love you a lot," he said, holding my wrists.

"I know that now, it's just...you weren't holding me back. That was all me, holding back on finally telling you," I said. My eyes glanced up through my eyelashes at Lance and I watched him tilt his head to lock lips with me. His fingers loosened on my wrists and they wrapped around his neck. His hands ran to my lower back, holding me close. He pulled back, both of our eyes still closed as his face tilted the other direction to kiss me again. It was hard to believe he was mine.

"NO PDA. THERE IS A 100% NO TOLERANCE FOR PDA," we broke apart, my lips swollen and my face warm. Slav was hurrying at us at an alarming speed and Lance gripped my hand, running with me. I felt my breath being sucked out my chest and we both laughed, letting the subject dissipate into an airy feeling.

~Calymari