Date | Chpt 17

Hello!!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

The air seemed lighter when I walked into Charms class that following Tuesday. Keith seemed to get more comfortable around everyone, as he had a nice conversation with Pidge at dinner last night, and he seemed to relax knowing now that I wouldn't ditch him. I mean, of course I wouldn't ditch him. No one can shake me off that easily. I was certainly ready for whatever Lance was planning on throwing at me, waiting for him to arrive.

There was a sort of eagerness to see what he had come up with rather than an eagerness to shoot him down. I suppose it was just an eagerness for the return to normalcy. The past week, or few weeks, had been at a decline and I genuinely was happy things would be like they used to today, even if it was Lance being the flirt that he is. I placed my chin in my hand and tapped my foot. I was also kind of glad he was getting back to normal. As much as he may annoy me, I don't hate him, and I've sort of noticed a sort of self decline in him. He seemed to be at a low and I hated seeing people like that.

Word was he got a howler the other day, over a low grade in our class, and coach Iverson had been on his back lately, I've noticed in practice. I'm not surprised he snapped a little, especially at me considering we push each other's buttons. A presence sat down next to me, and I smiled slightly, keeping my face forward.

"So, did it hurt?" I glanced over at Lance who was wearing a familiar shit eating grin. "When you fell." Seriously? This is the most basic pick up line. "Did it hurt when you fell from the vending machine, because you're a snacc."

(Hi yeah I came up with that pick up line, ur welcome.)

"Wow. That's--new," I said, holding back a smile.

"I know, it's a real heart melter," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"God catch me if I swoon," I joked and he grinned, opening up his book. Around halfway through class I felt a gently nudge on my leg. I glanced down and Lances sneaker was on top of mine and I looked up at him. He was watching the board intently and I just ignored it. I felt him nudge me again and I nudged him back in retaliation. He smirked slightly, knowing he was pissing me off now. All the way through class he continued and kicked at me, until I put my legs in his laps as a protest. The class was dismissed soon after and I picked up my stuff ready to leave. I went slightly slower at first before deciding Lance didn't want to walk with me and walking my normal pace. Why I should wait for him, I don't know.

"Wai--" an arm slung roughly around my neck and shoulders, making me stumble.

"Jesus, choke me why don't you," I said, stepping away from Lance.

"I mean if that's what you're into..." I hit his arm and he laughed. I yawned and he glanced at me. "Tired?"

"Kind of sleepy," I replied, crossing my arms over my books, therefore hugging them into my chest. He slung an arm around my shoulders again.

"Cute."

"My sleep deprivation is cute? Thanks idiot."

"So, that you use the word sleepy," he grinned, roughly pulling me along and I sighed, trying to force the red away from my cheeks. It was still nice anyways, having this normal. The rest of the day seemed to go along as it should and we come upon Potions class. When we walked in Keith, looked up, furrowing his eyebrows at the sight of us laughing.

"Hey Keith," I said, sitting down next to him. Lance was rather quiet, most likely on account of the mess that was yesterday. Keith's black eye was completely gone on account on me making him go to the nurse after dinner. I took the scolding for not being careful as I made up a story of accidentally elbowing Keith in the face.