Buenos Días | Chpt 75

Hey

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

All in the house had quieted and I was set to sleep in a room with Veronica and Rachel. Everyone was watching a movie in the next room and I padded lightly towards the deck, slipping out the door. Lance has asked me before dinner to meet him there. He was stood against the railing and I could hear the gentle crash of waves from here. There was a soft ocean breeze and it rustled his hair. I stepped beside him, placing a gentle hand on his back.

"Hey," he said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Hello," I replied, leaning up against him.

"It's odd having you here now, usually I'd be calling you right about now," he said and I hummed. He shifted to hug me and I placed my head against his chest. I shut my eyes, still incredibly tired from the time change and growing even more tired by the soft stroke of his hand down my back.

"The weather is beautiful. I don't feel like I'm dying of heatstroke like in London," I said. It was warm, but at least there was a summery breeze. In London it was a still, wet kind of heat and I hated it.

"How long are you staying?"

"A week," I said softly, glancing up at him. His eyes darted around my face. He placed a hand on my cheek, brushing my face with his thumb. "What?" He leaned in softly and caught my lips with his. He kissed me three soft times, his arm snaking comfortably around my lower back. "Oh."

"You're so cute," he chuckled and I felt my cheeks dust with pink.

"Stop," I whined, hiding my face as he laughed again. He tugged my chin back up, pressing his lips to mine gently again.

"Sometimes I really wonder why I didn't date you before," he said.

"I don't know, maybe you're just blind," I said, tapping his temple and he pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Maybe." He paused, glancing out at the ocean. "We're going to the huge shopping center at the middle of the city tomorrow."

"Awesome, sounds cool," I replied.

"I should ask my mom if Safie is coming," he said, "you can meet her."

"Yeah, sweet," I said, again hiding my face in his chest. I didn't want him to see the uncomfortable gaze I had across my face at the mention of her name. I knew she was nothing to worry about, but I couldn't help it. I'm sure Safie was fine. "I'm tired, I'm going to head to bed."

"Alright, I'll see you in the morning," he said. I tugged him down towards me, kissing him deeply. He nearly fell into me, the breath hitching in his chest as I pulled him close by the nape of his neck. I pulled back, gently pecking him before leaving him to stutter on the deck. I brushed my lips with the back of my hand confidently, knowing I had at least that leg up on Safie.

I padded up the stairs to Rachel and Veronica who were sat in their own beds, talking softly. They had set up a nice air mattress for me, which looked far more comfortable than anything since I was so tired.

"How was making out with Lancey?" Veronica asked and Rachel tossed a pillow her direction.

"Uh...good?"

"Ew," she commented and I smiled slightly, sitting myself down. "How's that friend Keith of yours?"

"Why do you ask?" I asked, glancing up at her with a slightly smug grin.

"Veronica could you not pray on younger classes?" Rachel asked and she held up her hands in defeat to which I laughed.

"He's good if you really wanted to know," I replied. We talked for a little while and I felt pretty comfortable. They reminded me much of Allura and Pidge, like back in the dorms, by the way they talked and held themselves. I got along well with them.

We eventually all curled up to sleep and I fell asleep almost immediately from exhaustion. The next morning I was sluggish in getting up, but the smell of breakfast was enough to get me down the stairs.

"Buenos días cariño," Rosa said warmly, placing a plate at the table for me.
Good morning darling/honey

"Buenos días," I replied, slightly embarrassed at my spanish. I didn't want to say the wrong thing in the case that I sounded off.

"How did you sleep?"

"Very well thank you," I replied, smiling at her and she sat herself down. Lance grumpily trot into the kitchen and sank into a chair beside me. He was wearing a face mask which made me chuckle slightly. He went to place his head against my shoulder. "Hey hey don't get face mask on my clothes."

"You're mean," he pout and I raised an eyebrow at him. We ate breakfast and I got showered and dressed before heading back downstairs.

"Oh (y/n) come on over here," Luis said and I hesitantly walked towards the front entrance. There stood a girl. She was taller than me and me and had smooth skin that was nearly glowing. Her hair was long and a silky brunette color and she had nicely trimmed, full eyebrows. She wasn't wearing any make up except a light pink across her perfectly smiling lips. She had delightful honey eyes and thick lashes and was dressed comfortably in a cropped, striped tank top and black jean shorts. She had nice long legs too. She held out a nicely manicured hand to me with a genuine smile that made it hard for me to hate her. She just seemed too nice and yet I still felt threatened.

"Hello," I choked, taking her soft hand.

"This is Safie."

~Calymari