Awards | Chpt 71

Hello

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

It had been a long time since we received another break from school and teacher's began their end of the year cram. Before we knew it, it would be finals week and then onto Summer. I didn't quite know what we were doing for Summer, but I hoped it was nothing. I didn't want the stress of actually doing something for Summer. Quidditch season was officially over, and the end of it blew over with the rest of the drama going on in school. I had projects and papers due all on the same days, and just about no one could catch a break.

I yawned, making my way to the Library, holding my school ID. I was planning on checking out a few books that I needed to look at before my Care of Magical Creature's exam. I was sure I'd be fine considering all the time I spent in that class at the beginning of the year. I entered, surprisingly finding it empty. It didn't make much sense with how stressful prefinals week was. I headed towards the right row of books and snatched a few as I went. I spotted a small plaque on the wall for some sort of academic achievement. There were a couple brass tags with students names on them. I scanned down them, spotting the infamous Hermione Granger. One of the old professors and former students Severus Snape was listed a couple tags after her.

I pursed my lips, holding the books I had to my chest. It was odd that such intelligent witches and wizards only got their names on a lousy plaque at the back of Hogwart's library. I had no idea this was here and I was sure that a great amount of other students didn't either. I reached up to brush it off and a side snapped off from the wall, causing it to hang haphazardly. I sighed and pulled it from the wall to bring to the front. I headed towards the desk, catching the Librarian's attention, Madam Malocoti. Madam Malocoti had gorgeous ginger hair and strange fin like ears, though she reminded me more of a dragon than a fish. Her skin was a soft baby blue and I always liked when she was working as she was always nice to me. I placed the stack of books down in front of her, asking her about the plaque.

"This fell off the wall back there, don't you think people should be able to see this in a better place?" I asked.

"Well what is it (Y/n)?" she asked, taking it gingerly from my hands. "Oh my, I had no idea this was here."

"Neither did I, I was hoping we could hang it somewhere nicer," I said. "The last time someone added to it was 10 years ago."

"Oh dear, I will, thank you for bringing it to my attention."

"Thanks," I said, handing her my card and scanning out the books to me. I headed out with my stack and my card as she waved me goodbye. I headed for the Ravenclaw dorms, stumbling past people. I headed up the stairs and into my shared space with Allura and Pidge. Pidge was propped on her bed with Rover. She glanced up at the mass stack in my hands.

"Uh, do you really need all of those?"

"I'm not a genius like some people," I replied and she just shrugged me off.

"Whatever, those look like Magic Creature books. Isn't that your best class?"

"Well yeah, I studied for everything else. Don't worry about it, I got this," I said.

"I guess," she said, gently placing Rover in his spot. She hopped out of bed, heading for the bathroom before stopping in the doorway. "Oh, by the way. Lance wouldn't stop bothering me where you were."

"Why didn't he text me--" I noticed the 6 messages on my phone and thinned my lips.

"See?"

"Fine, thanks for the message."

Hey, want to hang out today?

I'd be willing to study.

Please?