Are You Okay? | Chpt 6

HEYO.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

The next morning, I woke up with a sore arm. It definitely wasn't numb anymore. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and unwrapped my bandage. There was a long red scratch on my forearm and it felt like a sore muscle.

"Woah," my head whipped around to Pidge who was peering over my shoulder. "Sorry."

"You're fine, just scared me," I said, standing up and grabbing my uniform and robe.

"Well, it's Friday! Get excited! We can head to Hogsmeade tomorrow!" Pidge said bouncing up and down.

"Yeah, I'm down for that," I said, running my hand down my side to smooth out my robe. I grabbed a comb and ran it through my hair, Pidge waiting for me at the top of the stairs. I went after her, rubbing at my arm. It just felt so odd.

I headed to my first class, very anxious. I didn't really want to see Lance after he snapped at me. I knew we were learning a new charm today, but I wasn't really sure which one it was. When I walked in, I could feel a few eyes on me which I expected. On the board was written Lumos Maxima.

I went to sit down and noticed Lance wasn't here yet. I put my wand on the table next to my book and sat back in my chair as witches and wizards filtered in. I noticed Lance and just busied myself in my book, reading ahead on the charm for today. I just wanted to keep myself distracted and ignore him.

I feel weirdly emotional today and I blame it on whatever magical remedy was working on my arm currently. It hurt to write with my right hand so I just struggled with my left, making little marks to seem like I was busy. Lance sat down in the seat to my right and placed his stuff down. Maybe he won't talk to me.

"Good morning gorgeous," he said. I just kept my face as neutral as possible considering my blood was now suddenly boiling. God what was going on in my body? I felt his eyes on me when I didn't answer and he poked at me again. "Silent treatment?" I still didn't answer, scanning over the page again.

He shrugged and opened his book to the same page I was on, reading over it as well. I could see his face making ridiculous expressions at the page. What the hell is he doing?

"Wow, this is riveting." Was he still trying to talk to me? The class began and hopefully I would be able to keep away from him. Professor Bih Boh Bih demonstrated the bright flash of light and suggested we all try. I successfully completed the charm on my second try, only letting the charm's words come out of my mouth. I did it twice more and began writing down a few notes to remember about this certain charm.

"You know, you don't need Lumos Maxima to turn me on," Lance commented. Was he serious? He was close to hitting me he was so angry yesterday, what the hell changed overnight?

"Would you just shut up?" I hissed and put my arms on the table, trying to focus on using my left arm. He just made me so mad. I could feel him still staring at me which only made me grit my teeth.

"Are you okay?"

"That's none of your business," I spat and I felt my stomach shrink. He just turned away and I could hear him practicing the spell beside me. There was just a few minutes left and everyone was chatting. I felt Lance's eyes on me again. I snuck a glance at him and he was staring at my right arm. I glanced down and the redness had faded, but there was still a significant and hurting scratch. I took my arm off the desk so my robe fell to cover it and class was dismissed. I headed out without Lance, he seemed to stay behind anyways, a frown on his face.

I walked into the next class and sat down in my chair. I put my face in my hands and blew some air out my mouth. I rubbed at my temples and felt a presence in front of me. I glanced up and saw Professor Alfor kneel at my desk.