Lucid Dreams | Chpt 51

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Hey!" I glanced around the darkness where the sound had come from. I heard the strike of a match and a small flicker of fire illuminated Lance's face in the dark. He was smiling at me. "You coming or what?"

"Where?"

"There of course."

"What?"

"Who? When? Why? How?" He grinned, finishing the list and the light flickered out.

"Lance?" Another match was struck, this time behind me, causing me to turn to him quickly.

"That's me. You knew that."

"Seriously what's going on?"

"Whatever do you mean?"

"Why are we in the dark?" I asked, the match burning out on cue. I heard shifting.

"Why not? How come that's your first question? Why not your leg for example? I thought you were in bed at home?" He whispered, his voice shifting around in the pitch black.

"Am I dreaming?"

"Sure."

"Then where am I dreaming of."

"Well nowhere really. Why do you think it's so dark?"

"How do we get out?"

"Out of nowhere? Why didn't you just ask that in the first place." I heard a snap and I winced away from the bright light. "Well you did just ask for this, maybe you should've been prepared."

"I can't help being blinded," I hissed and blinked a few times.

"Actually you can. You chose this place, not me. I'm just here," he replied, strolling away. I glanced around, seeing that we were in the arena from the third trial. I didn't want to be here. "Then why are we? I didn't pick this place."

"You can read my mind?" I asked and Lance nodded, rocking back and forth from his heels to his toes. He wore a sly smirk. "So if I can control this dream, like lucid dreaming, then..."

"Go ahead and try it out."

I paused and glanced at my hand, figuring that snapping was the best thing to do in the moment. It worked for Lance. I snapped my right hand and glanced up. We hadn't left this location, only the large fwooper peering at me, confused and getting angry. I felt my body begin to shake with fear and I stumbled backwards.

"You're not very good at this are you," Lance said, frowning at the creature. I quickly snapped to make it go away and it only got angry, swooping at me. I screamed and shut my eyes, falling backwards. My eyes were shut tightly and I expected searing pain, but I neither felt a scratch nor hit the ground. I opened one eye, hearing my heart beat rapidly in my chest. "Maybe I should."

Lance had caught me, holding me in a dipped position. I scrambled away, breathing heavily. We had switched locations, in an open area of school.

"I seem to have more luck with your brain," he observed. "Plus, these are the things bouncing around in your brain. I'm just picking the better ones huh?" I stared at him incredulously, still shaking violently. "Well look at you, you're all dirty."

His fingers snapped and winced, shutting my eyes again.

"No need to fear. We've visited that memory already," he said. I glanced up, seeing that only I had changed clothes. Into the beautiful red gown I wore to the Yule Ball.