Great Boyfriend | Chpt 77

Hello

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I was laid beside Lance, sunbathing in the warm Cuban sun. I felt my face smush lightly into the towel, the sand curling around my cheek underneath. My eyes were lidded heavily, a sense of relax washing over my body. I felt a light smack against my bottom and I lifted up my head, tugging my arm up to prop myself up with my elbow. Lance grinned at me cheekily and Veronica slapped his head as she treaded past, through the sand.

"What?"

"Nothing, you just looked nice," he said.

"So you smacked my butt?" I asked, turning around and he nodded before I kicked sand in his direction. I shuffled on my towel to reside under the umbrella, deeming that was enough sun for now. I glanced down the beach at Safie and Luis who were tossing water at each other. Safie had said last night at dinner that she would be coming every day since I would only be here a week. The gesture was sweet, but I really just wanted to spend the time with Lance. I had already wasted yesterday afternoon getting my nails done and I didn't get to sit beside him at dinner either. I slept with the girls too, so all I received was a goodnight peck on the cheek. I shifted over to lay my head on Lance's stomach and he combed his fingers through my warm hair a few times before placing his arm back behind his head like a pillow.

"Want to go swimming?" he asked, glancing at Safie and Luis' direction.

"I guess," I replied and he grinned. He offered up a hand to me and instead of heading directly to the water, he tugged me towards the left, up a sandy hill. It was pretty high up and directly dropped into the ocean.

"Jump!" he said, gesturing off the edge of the cliff and I stared at him incredulously.

"Absolutely not."

"Oh come on, you can fly on a broom and fight a goddamn fwooper but you can't jump?" he asked.

"Okay it's not the heights, it's the danger. And it wasn't my choice to fight a fwooper," I said, crossing my arms.

"I'll jump with you," he said, offering up his hand again. I took it hesitantly before he took off running. I yelled for him to stop, as I wasn't ready, before I tripped after him and off the edge. We plummeted a good distance before splashing into the water. I shut my eyes, the air bubbled up in my cheeks. I felt arms tug around my waist to pull me up and I spluttered when I reached the surface, quickly tugging the messy and clumped wet hair out of my face. Lance's legs pedaled underneath the water, dipping in between mine every once and a while. A startling laugh erupted from his chest and I let out a pout.

"Wow, that was a sight to see," Luis commented and I splashed water at him, flicking it directly at his face.

"Not funny."

"Yes...it was," Lance breathed and I shoved him off me. "Oh come on, it was funny."

"It was not!" I argued, paddling so I stayed afloat. Safie swam over to where we were and noticed I was frowning.

"Oh come on, you could've at least told her. She could've tripped and hurt herself," she said, gesturing to me and I nodded indignantly at Lance.

"Alright, alright it was a little much, but don't pout about it," he said, tapping my chin with his hand. We swam for a while and Safie and I got out of the water per her request. She tossed me my towel and I shook any sand off it. I wrapped it around myself, squeezing the ocean water out of my hair.

"Here," she called tugging my hair back. "I'll braid it later."

"Thanks," I replied softly. Lance and Luis came running up the beach, shaking the water from their hair like dogs. We all headed up the stairs to the deck and into the house. Safie and I dashed upstairs, seeing as it was freezing compared to outside. She ducked into the shower first and I sat on the floor near the air mattress, shivering. She promised she would go as fast as she could. Lance peeked in through the door, padding across the carpet to sit beside me, wrapped in his own damp towel.

"Hey, sorry about earlier," he said and I shrugged.

"It's alright."

"Luis was saying you looked pretty upset and I didn't realize. What a great boyfriend I am," he chuckled.

"Eh, I was a little crabby earlier. It's fine," I said. "Thanks for the apology."

"I owe it to you," he said pecking me on the head, wiping the cold, sea water from his lips to which I laughed.

"You are a great boyfriend, don't doubt it sir."

"Thanks." He glanced at me and I smiled at him. It was really so impossible to stay mad at this doofus. He leaned down, locking lips with me softly for a moment. I tugged a hand from the inside of my towel to tug his face back down towards me before the door to the bathroom swung open.

"Oop, sorry," Safie called, and I stood up.

"Nah, you're fine. I'm literally freezing," I said. She was dressed only in a towel, expecting it to just be me and I glanced at Lance who was staring hard at the wall, away from Safie. His control made me smile slightly before I hurried into the shower. After I was clean I tugged on some clothes I had brought with me and walked out, drying my hair. In my place sat Safie, still wrapped in a towel as she got distracted from getting dressed and Lance was still sat down where he had been. They were talking softly and I cleared my throat.

"Oh, I'm meant to braid your hair, let me get dressed," she said, tugging out some clothes before disappearing into the bathroom again. I watched her leave for a moment before glancing back towards Lance.

"Shouldn't you take a shower?" I asked and he sputter slightly before hopping up.

"Right, duh," he said and I crossed my arms. I expected a kiss goodbye, but he hurried from the room without one. I frowned, sitting myself on the blow up mattress. I felt it dip behind me before I felt hands in my hair. I jumped slightly.

"Sorry, just me," she said, beginning to weave my hair into two braids. I tugged the blanket around my legs, still feeling cold from the air conditioning. "You have wonderful hair."

"Thank you, you do too."

"Perhaps you can braid mine."

"Sure, I'm not the greatest," I replied, but I felt from the light tug on my hair that she just shrugged it off. "So what were you two talking about."

"Tomorrow evening."

"What about?"

"Oh, it's a surprise," she said and I felt my stomach sink. I didn't know whether to take that as good or bad.

"Oh..." I murmured before I felt her fingers finish up at the end of my hair.

"It's not bad," she said. I found that hard to believe, but I was hoping it would just be some sort of sight seeing or a favorite restaurant.

"Okay, I'm excited," I lied, turning round to braid her hair. Conversation dissolved until we were sat in silence. I had claimed I can't talk and braid at the same time, which was again a lie. I just pulled her hair into one long braid before we both headed downstairs. I placed myself on the couch beside Lance and she took his other side. Lance took my hand while his father pressed the play button on the movie as everyone filtered in.

It was quiet and I couldn't tell if I liked it or not.

By the time I felt myself getting tired I glanced over at Safie who was asleep comfortably on Lance's shoulder. He, too, was asleep with his cheek on the top of her head. I stood up silently, tugging my hand from Lance's before heading upstairs. I collapsed on the air mattress, curling up in the blanket. I felt slightly tempted to pull the braids from my hair as some statement against her or something, but I just curled into myself with a shaky sigh.

~Calymari