Krolia | Chpt 57

(Y/n)'s POV

I entered Charms class the next morning, glad that things had finally died down. I would return to Quidditch like normal and people were less adamant about mentioning the Tournament to me. I sat down beside Lance and smiled up at him. He smiled back and took my hand without saying anything. Class blew by smoothly.

"You know, now that we're dating I can use pick up lines on you and it's appropriate," he said and I rolled my eyes. "I've come up with some good ones."

"Oh you have?" I asked as we turned the corner.

"Yeah, you wanna hear one?"

"Oh definitely."

"Your smile is like expelliarmus. Simple, yet disarming," he said, placing an arm around my shoulders. I held back a grin, my mouth puckering up to the side. "Oh God! Stop that I'm blind!"

"Oh quit it you cheesy bastard," I grinned and he squinted, stumbling back.

"Was that the sun or was it just you smiling?!"

"Stop!" I laughed slightly, glancing around at the kids whose attention was grabbed by the scene. "Come on quit it." I lightly hit his arm and he bit his lip, glancing at me with a cheeky grin.

"Oh come on, you think I'm adorable."

"That is neither here nor there."

"So that's a yes." I glanced over to him.

"Oh look class!" I said and he pouted slightly, slipping his hand in mine for some sort of affection or attention. I glanced up to see Nyma talking fondly to Hunk and Pidge draped over her chair as well as mine. 

"Buddy!" Hunk called Lance and he dragged me along to his seat. I noticed Nyma's eyes drift down to my hand in Lance's and my little knowledge of their break up was making me nervous. What if she came after me or got mad? I smiled lightly at her to which she smiled back. Hunk ruffled Lance's hair to which I giggled slightly. Everything seemed fine.

The day was calm and all the students settled into class. My mind was clear and it all seemed to be a restful day. I sat myself on a bench towards the center of the school, swinging my legs slightly. I was awaiting Keith for a trip to Hogsmeade. Lance was reluctant to leave my side, which I had expected seeing as we spent almost all of break apart. I just wanted a case of butter beer to take home and wished for a friend to come along. I had asked Allura first, seeing as we hadn't been seeing too much of each other lately, but she was caught up in homework for the afternoon.

"Excuse me." I glanced up at the voice, suddenly very intimidated by the tall figure in front of me. The woman was Galran and what I assumed to be an administrator or some odd teacher I hadn't seen before. She had a stone face and marks on either side of her face, down her cheeks and disappearing into her shirt. Her two tone purple hair tinned out into a long pony tail near the back and she towered over me menacingly. "Could you help me find someone?"

"Uh, possibly?"

"Do you happen to know where I can find a Keith Kogane. The office told me to come this way," she said, gesturing my direction.

"Well, might I ask why you're looking for him?" I asked, not wanting him to end up in trouble.

"I have personal business with him and I wish to speak with him. I'd rather not discuss it with a stranger like you."

"I see. Keith is in Gryffindor, so he might be in his house. He's coming to meet me fairly soon, I'm one of his best friends," I said and she nodded.

"Would you mind if I waited here to speak with him, this is very important," she said and I shrugged.

"Sure. I'm (y/n)."

"Krolia," she said, stepping so her feet were together and she stood there, waiting alongside me. I blew air out of my mouth and started to swing my legs. "So you are his very good friend?"

"Yeah, I met him in the Library after the sorting ceremony. He's really awesome," I said.

"I see. And he's a Gryffindor?" she asked and I nodded. "That's very good."

I glanced over at her, to see she was slightly smiling. Now that I thought about it, she looked very much like Keith. They had the same eyes. I stood up suddenly, remembering now that Keith was half Galran. I'd see pictures of his dad before, but never his mother.

"Are you alright?"

"You're..."

"Hey (y/n), you ready to go?" Keith asked, nearing. He stopped when he saw Krolia, his eyebrows furrowing. "Uh, who's this? (Y/n)?"

"Uh, you know what? I think I need to do something else right now," I said. "Keith, this is Krolia she was looking for you."

"Krolia?" he asked, pausing to glance at the woman. 

"Hello Keith," she said, "I'd like to speak to you." 

I backed away slowly, not wanting to interrupt the conversation. I bolted out of sight, hiding behind a wall when I saw Keith's expression change. I let out a breath before texting Lance to meet me. He was ecstatic to know that I wanted to go with him instead, but he would never expect the news I would entrust him with.

I didn't really know what to do in that situation, but I knew Keith would be occupied for the evening.

~Calymari