Welcome Back | Chpt 56

Hello!

I forgot to write today hence why it is so late.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"I can't believe he took the earlier train," I said. "I specifically told him to take the later one."

"Ahh a lover's quarrel," Allura sighed. News had made its way to her and she was ecstatic at it.

"He's a dummy," I said, stepping off the train first.

"Who's a dummy?" Lance asked, leaning against the train.

"Lance!" I called, tackling him in a hug. By the looks of his luggage he had waited at the station for me to arrive. "You waited."

"Of course!" He said, picking the both of us up. I grabbed my luggage as he greeted the other girls. I had been missing this place in the short time we were home. I didn't really get to see Lance much on account of his family visiting, so I was glad to see him. "Shall we?"

I pecked his lips quickly and took his free, extended hand. We started walking to school and I glanced around. Students off all houses were watching me pass. Whispers were passed along and I glanced at Lance. I didn't think it was him, considering the whole school wouldn't care this much about it. When we entered everyone was staring.

"Uhhh, why are they staring at me?" I asked Lance and he furrowed his eyebrows before an idea hit him.

"The Tournament."

"Oh..." I tightened my grip on his hand. I had scars that were covered by my school clothes. I glanced around as people either averted their gazes or stared with awe. Sure I hadn't won, but I had risked my life to try and save another school's competitor and almost died. That was pretty legendary in basic terms. I hadn't thought much about the tournament considering all the business of the holiday and the fact my dreams has ceased after the one on the first day.

"Excuse me?"

I glanced around at a younger girl, most likely a first year. She had a friend stood slightly behind one of her shoulders and I paused, letting Pidge and Allura pass towards the dorms. Lance waited patiently at my side.

"Are you (y/n)?"

"Yes."

"I just wanted to say that you're really awesome. What you did in the tournament makes me want to become a better witch, so thank you. Glad you recovered." I looked at her baffled.

"Oh, thank you," I replied and she smiled, tugging her friend away. I glanced back at Lance who was smiling slightly and I let him guide me further into the castle with a squeeze of my hand.

~~~

Later in my first class with Lance I was approached by another 3 people and even professor Bih Boh Bi mentioned something. I was growing nervous at all the attention that I was receiving, but Lance held my hand underneath the desks for most classes. I was suddenly glad he was sat so close in most classes.

"I mean, where did you learn to physically fight like that? Your magic skills are awesome, but you balance it with the physical that's so cool!"

"You're so brave? I can't believe you were in a coma, glad to have you back in class."

"Did it hurt? Did you break your leg? You're way better than me I could never. And you went after that one kid."

I was grateful that people appreciated my efforts and my return, but the sudden pressure of so many looking up to me was a little too much. Even at Quidditch practice people were a little too baffled by my performance seeing as I hadn't played in a while and what I had gone through.

"Are you okay?" I glanced up at Lance who was staring at me.

"I just feel...overwhelmed."

"Why?" He asked, brushing my hair back for me.

"All these people are saying so many nice things and they seem to look up to me. What if I mess up and I make a bad example?" I heard Lance huff, slipping closer in the chair next to me.

"You know you really don't have to worry about that. If the people in this school are going to pick someone to be a role model or to look up to, it should be you. Despite making a mistake, your heart is in the right place and they should know that." He said, lightly kissing my jaw and placing my head on his shoulder. I snuggled against him.

"Thank you. I'm glad we're dating. That's one less weight off my shoulders and now you just lifted another," I murmured and I could felt his breath brush my baby hairs down my forehead when he placed his cheek against the top of my head.

"No problem. Not like you haven't solved a problem of mine before. You need a break more often than you think," he said. "That Tournament is like at least 6."

I chuckled, linking our hands as I saw Shiro and Adam approaching for a game of Cards Against Humanity which I had slipped into my bag before we left. I was also wearing the earrings I had received which Lance too notice to.

"Wow what pretty earrings on such a pretty girl."

"Ugh you guys are actually so gross," Pidge said.

"Jealous?"

"Hardly."

"Oh come on Pidge," I replied, smiling at her and she glanced at me with a deadpan expression.

"Na—sty."

"Ready for me to kick your ass Shadam?"

"Clearly I'll be winning," Pidge said, approaching from the opposite direction with Keith and Hunk.

"I...do not know how to play," Allura said, peeking out from a joining hallway.

"It's easy....and inappropriate."

~Calymari