Mystery Culprit | Chpt 61

Heyo children

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

The end of the day was nearing and I was headache free, so it wasn't proving to be good for Lotor. I was beginning to feel really bad for him and the pitiful look on his face that I was actually hoping it would happen again. I also really didn't want it to happen again, seeing as I had been in a ridiculous amount of pain the past month. It didn't seem very fair to me.

I walked along to the fountain, where I would be meeting Lance. I had a podcast in my ears to keep me distracted and I skimmed along the halls. I wasn't too sure this school was too good for my mental health as well as my physical. I couldn't seem to keep out of trouble and just walking around the halls without something or someone around, I would dip into a dangerous string of thoughts. A hand grasped my shoulder and turned me, seeing as just about everyone wanted to talk to me nowadays.

"James?" I asked, tugging out my earbuds, seeing him along.

"Where ya heading?"

"Uh....That way," I said, pointing behind me and he laughed. I gave him a confused and disgusted look. Lately, I hadn't heard much from him since he was off Lotor's radar. He mostly just hung around with the intelligent guy, Kinkade, in one of our classes. He rarely talked to me anymore and just generally stayed out of my way.

"Wow what a coincidence me too!" he said, draping an arm around my shoulder. I quickly slid from out of his grasp, staring at him in dismay. "What?"

"What the hell do you want?"

"Nothing!" he exclaimed and I gripped my phone and earbuds.

"Then why are you here?"

"Heading this way dummy," he chuckled and I felt an obnoxious sneer come over my face.

"You're really creeping me out man," I said, heading back my way and he followed.

"Why?" he asked.

"Please go away," I said.

"No, come on I'm just heading this way!" he replied. I shook my head, stepping further away.

"Go away," I replied, heading the opposite way of the fountain to get him away. I eventually lost him in the labyrinth of halls and ended up in front of the fountain where Lance was already waiting for me. "You would not believe the weird thing that just happened to me."

"What?"

"James was talking to me and being all weirdly creepy," I said and Lance scowled.

"That douche?"

"You used to hang out together Lance," I said and he glanced over at me when I sat down.

"Yeah, so I would know, and I know he's a douche," he replied and I chuckled slightly, resting my head against his shoulder.

"I just attract the weirdest stuff."

"Hey!" he said, shoving me lightly and I laughed.

"Not you, although you are very strange," I teased and he pouted. I laughed, pausing when I felt my heart jump up in my chest. He noticed my abrupt change in facial expression asking what was wrong. I gripped his arm, knowing it was happening again. It definitely wasn't Lotor then, so who was it? How were they doing it so easily?

I glance around, looking through my blurred eyes at my surroundings before spotting him. I held out a shaky finger in his direction, gaining Lance's attention through his murky chatter. He stood up almost immediately and ran in the direction of my assailant.

"Oh whoops," James said, brushing past me, knocking into me. I gripped my arm, my stuff spilling out onto my desk. He cleaned the stuff up for me and by the time he sat down I had forgotten that he had even come over.

All he had to do was touch me.

A hand grasped my shoulder to turn me.

I stood up, heading for the headmaster's, skipping over the nurse. She could deal with this later, I wanted to solve this now. I was done. I headed that way, seeing that Lance had caught James and brought him to the office before me. I was glad that he had done it rather than stay with me, knowing that was what I would want.

"What's going on here?" Honerva asked before spotting me. "It's not...Lotor."

I shook my pounding head, holding my hand against it tightly.

"Explain yourself James," Honerva said. He glanced at me and the pain surged, but I kept my cool only letting my eyes twitch shut.

"She deserves it."

"How?"

"Always parading around here as the winner of the Tournament, even though I should've been the one that was picked, and with her stupid little boyfriend," he hissed and Honerva quickly stripped him of his powers, confiscating his wand.

"Performing anything in relation to or of the dark arts is strictly prohibited and you're stripped of your magic and will be reviewed by the school board and the Ministry to see if you're still fit to attend any wizardry school. Come with me. (y/n) please see the nurse and Lance make sure she doesn't faint," she said, ushering him out of the room.

"Come on," Lance said, helping me down for the nurse to remove the bad magic from my head. This time seemed even more painful than the last, seeing as my body was still recovering from yesterday's barrage. Lance held my hand during and after, his face contorted into a painful grimace.

"I'm okay now."

"I'm just sick of this stuff happening to you," he said and I bowed my head. "I just--"

"Pardon?" I glanced up and Lotor stood a good distance away from my bed. "I would just like to say a quick thank you as I know it must have been painful. I apologize for intruding."

"You're welcome," I said as he began to turn and I could see him smile slightly as he finished his 180 to return.

"God I really am beginning to hate how nice you are," Lance said, pecking my forehead.

"Me too."

~Calymari