Goblet of Fire | Chpt 37

Hello!!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Welcome witches, wizards, parents, and siblings. This year, with the upcoming Triwizard Tournament in sight, we've decided to hold the choosing ceremony on visiting day. Those who were interested in participating placed their name in the goblet of fire, and will be chosen."

The room was quiet and intently watching headmaster Honerva.

"The Triwizard Tournament is a test of magical ability, intelligence, and courage. Whoever is chosen is worthy of the challenge, these dangerous challenges, and will be competing again the other 2 wizardry schools." Her eyes scanned the crowd, and I sat high up with Pidge and her family. "Let this begin. Good luck to the champion."

The crowd began to buzz as she walked over to the goblet of fire. She cleared her throat and the crowd silenced. I wondered who exactly it was, as the process of entering names had been kept quiet for a while. I hadn't heard much about who had put their names in there.

I know Keith had not, though he considered it. He was tempted, but decided on staying out of the spotlight.

I had no idea if Shiro or Adam had, but it really didn't seem like they did, nor did Lance. I don't think his mom would let him closer to the goblet than he was now.

Pidge certainly didn't either, she was far more intellectual for tasks like fighting dragons, and I hardly though Colleen would let her either. Usually this buzz about this was huge, but it had been so quiet.

I stared as the goblet spit out a charred piece of paper. The crowd quieted.

"Sven from Beauxbaton's Academy of Magic!"

I watched a guy stand up, who looked suspiciously like Shiro. I elbowed Pidge and she shrugged, as he sat back down.

"Bandor from Durmstrang Institute!"

I glanced at an altean who stood, his worried looking sister sat beside him. She looked familiar, I had seen her around the hallways here, which made me wonder why her brother went to the different school. He sat.

"And finally, from Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry..."

I watched her unfold the last paper, singed around the edges.

"(Y/n), (y/n) (l/n)."

I felt my whole body drop and I glanced at Pidge.

"Did you—" I shook my head violently. Honerva glanced around for me, and I stood shakily.

I felt my breath shorten in my chest and I felt light headed, barely able to stand. I hadn't put my name in, how was this possible. I collapsed back in my chair, grasping Pidge's hand. Colleen looked at me, concerned and I let out a shaky breath. There had to be a mistake. I glanced up, looking around for who could've possibly put my name in there.

I locked eyes with Lotor who wore a satisfied smirk. No, that wasn't possible. This wasn't happening. I hurried down the side steps and out the room, not caring the spectacle I may have made.

I felt a panic attack coming on, and I could hear teachers coming after me. I can't do this. I'm not strong enough, I'm not courageous enough. I'll die out there.

I kept running, a shaking ache rippling through my chest. I gripped onto the wall, breathing heavily as I sank down, curling into myself. I couldn't breath and tears spilled over my cheeks. I can't— I can't do it—

"(Y/n)?"

"There!"

"(Y/n) can you look at me please? It's going to be alright." Hands placed themselves on my knees, their body sinking to kneel in front of me. I glanced up with blurry tears, my breath panicked and short, my chest collapsing in on my lungs. "Can you try breathing slow for me? Count in your head. In 4, hold 2, out 5. Count with me."

I listened to the rhythmic counting, shakily following along with my breath. My legs had relaxed from their tense position against my chest, and the person shifted to sit beside me, a warm hand on my back to feel my breath.

"I—I didn't put my name in there, I—I can't do it," I sniffled, wiping at my face as my tears slowed steadily. I glanced over to see that Lance was the one sat beside me, Pidge crouched on my other side. Professor Coran had followed as well, Lance and Pidge's moms behind him. Professor Coran's eyes widened and he disappeared, probably to tell Honerva of what happened.

"Who put your name in there?" Lance asked.

"I think it was Lotor," I said. His face darkened and he frowned.

"(Y/n), whether he put you name in there or not, the goblet chose you because it thinks your worthy. I know you can do it, and it doesn't matter if you win or not. I know you can do this."

"I can't."

"Yes you can. You're one of the bravest and smartest people I know, and I believe that you can do this. It's okay to be scared, but you can do this, and everyone is here to do this with you," he said. I let out a slow and heavy breath.

"Okay."

I can do this.

"That's my girl, come on, stand up," he said, crouching in front of me with an outstretched hand. The sides of my mouth curled up in a smile when he called me 'his girl' even if it wasn't true.

"Come on dear," Lance's mom said, offering up her arm around me as we walked. We ended up walking together behind the whole group, and I watched Lance talk with Pidge about Lotor. I smiled at Lance cracking his knuckles. The doofus. "I know."

I glanced at Lance's mother who had said the simple phrase.

"Know what?"

"You know," she said, and I glanced back at Lance punching his palm. I swallowed. "And I can tell that Nyma girl won't last."

"Really?"

"My son needs a girl like you, he won't survive, and I can tell he likes you a lot. He'll come to his senses about it soon enough."

He glanced around, smiling at me and I smiled back, feeling okay. I can do this.

"I know he must've made you wait a while huh?"

"Yeah," I said, wiping my eye with a soft sniffle. "It alright though, he's worth it."

~Calymari