Perfect Fit | Chpt 76

It's been a fat minute, I've just been v busy and it's killing me : )

I feel like a 🤡

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Hi, it's nice to meet you!" She said, grasping my hand tightly with a solid shake. Her grip didn't match her look at all. She was slim and almost dainty in a way, like a French model you'd be lucky to see sitting in a café, but she shook hands like she was a farmhand. It would make some sense if she lived in the French countryside, but I had no idea.

"Uh hello," I said, smiling awkwardly towards her as I retrieved my hand. She was way too pretty it had to be illegal or something. I tucked my hands in my pockets, feeling underdressed even though I had put on an outfit I thought was cute.

"You are so much prettier than the pictures Lance showed me!" She said, wrapping an arm around me, to further herself into the house.

"Uh, pictures?" I asked, glancing over at Lance who had come down the stairs. "What pictures do you even have of me?"

"Uh, just a few," he said and I watched his ears tinge pink.

"Oh no he's got a bunch!" She said, "show her Lancey."

Lancey?

She tugged me towards Lance as he opened his phone reluctantly, her arm still resting heavy on my shoulders. Lance flicked through a few though I could barely see.

"I just love this one," she said, poking the screen to stop Lance scrolling. It was an unsolicited photo of me in Potions class.

"Is this when we weren't dating? Why were you taking pictures of me?"

"For...reasons."

"Awe!! He must've really liked you," she said, jostling my shoulders and I pride myself away from her, getting a headache.

"You have such great nails," I said as an excuse to grasp her hands and keep them from shaking me around.

"Thank you! These are trash now, we should get them done together!" She said, looking at my hands. "Oh, wait the photos."

"Uh that's fine."

"No there's another really good one," she said, snatching his phone and scrolling. There were an ungodly amount. I didn't even have that many in my own phone. "Here!" That was a picture I knew about, one that Pidge had taken me after we were in Hogsmeade around sunset. That was last year and I had this big grin on my face that looked so nice during golden hours.

"Did you get Pidge to send you this?" I asked, looking over at Lance and he pressed his lips into a thin line.

"Yeah, I like looking at you."

"That's GROSS!" Luis said, leaping to mess up Lance's hair and Safie tugged me to the side to look at a few more pictures.

"I say we go to the mall!" Safie called suddenly, shoving Lance's phone back at him. "We can get our nails done and buy some cool clothes! You can tell me about your friends!"

"Uh sure?" I said, tossing my hair back and she grinned.

"Could you drive us Rosa?" She asked and Rosa nodded in agreement, grasping the keys and before I knew it we were out the door. These people were prompt to leave wherever they go. I was crammed next to Lance in the car and I sighed, shifting slightly. He smiled at me sympathetically, placing his arm around me for a little more space. Safie glanced back, talking quite lively to Luis. I sighed again and placed my head on his shoulder for the majority of the ride despite the fact it was a little humid.