Fair Enough | Chpt 10

Hello!!

Season 7 made me die!! Hah!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Where did they go?" I asked and Lance shrugged. Pidge and Hunk had disappeared for something but it had been over 20 minutes now. "It shouldn't take that long."

"What's the big deal? It's not like they were even talking to us anyway," he said, shoving my feet off his lap.

"So? What if they ran into trouble or something?"

"Do you always worry like this? It's annoying as hell."

"Excuse me for being concerned," I said. "I just have a lot to be concerned about alright?" He paused and nodded, swallowing his jab at me. I stood up and started to walk away.

"Wait where are you going?"

"To find them?" I said, as if it were obvious.

"Well, wait for me!" He called, but I just continued at my pace. I turned a corner and ran into Lotor, quite literally, falling back on my butt. I looked up and he was wearing a sneer, his hair perfect as always.

"Watch where you're going freak," he said, making a point to step on my hand as he walked past. He was always rude, like his father, and hated me because of my father. My dad was the reason his father Zarkon couldn't get anything done. Not that anyone really wanted Zarkon's ideas. I helped myself up and grabbed my hand which was red from where he stomped on it. Lotor was a pretty tall guy, and now my hand was throbbing.

I glanced behind me and Lance was peering around a corner, watching. He seriously couldn't have even helped me up? I scoffed and continued walking, holding my hand.

"Wait!" Lance ran after me and slowed as he reached my side. He glanced at my hand. "You okay?"

"Yes." I continued without looking at him. He glanced at me a weird look in his face and I spotted Pidge and Hunk with things in their hands. "There you are."

"Sorry, took us a while to get all the stuff," Hunk said and I offered to carry some. I was careful not to put a lot of pressure on my hand as it was still a tad red. I walked beside Pidge and she grinned.

"So what did you and Lance talk about while we were gone?"

"I really hate you ya know?"

"Yeah, but answer the question."

"All we talked about was his baby cousins for a while," I said.

"So you're getting to know his family? That's nice," she said, smirking.

"Shut up." She glanced at my hand.

"What happened to your hand?"

"I ran into Lotor and he knocked me over, then he stepped on my hand as he walked by," I said, shifting the items in my arms.

"Jerk," she mumbled and we reached the common area. I sat back down in my chair and Lance sat down in his. I awkwardly tapped the wood of the chair, not knowing what to say now. Lance grabbed my red hand and yanked me forward so he could look at it.

"Lance what are y--"

"How did he do this? What kind of shoes was he even wearing?" He asked, running his thumbs over the back of my hand. He looked up to see that I was wide eyed and confused, bent forward in the chair so that he could look at my hand. Not to mention our faces were really close.

"Uh, I don't know, can you let go?" I asked and he quickly let go of my hand.

"Sorry," he mumbled, his face red.

"Sorry? From Lance McClain himself? Wow." His face flushed a further shade of red and he stood up.

"I have to go," he said, abruptly and I furrowed my eyebrows. What was going on? He dashed down the hall, probably to the Slytherin house and I looked over at Pidge and Hunk.

"I don't know what just happened either," I said, glancing down the hall. "You guys can hang out, I'll just head back."

I headed down the hall, considering texting or trying to find Lance considering he acted so strange. I don't think I've ever seen him so flustered. I must just make him uncomfortable. I'm used to that I guess. I deemed that me showing up would make it worse so I just ignored it.

That's what bugs me about Lance. He's constantly bothers me and hangs around me. Flirts with me. And yet when I respond or don't, he gets uncomfortable. It's like he's torturing himself being around me.

A figure darted and I paused. Who-- I yelped as a figure grabbed me round the waist, tossing me over their shoulder. There was laughter and I yelled, starting to punch at the person's back.

"(Y/n) it's me!" I paused and glanced down at the familiar black vest.

"Shiro where are we going?!" I asked. "Why are you carrying me?!" He didn't answer.

"Okay wow, when I said go get (y/n) I didn't mean literally pick her up!" That was Matt.

"C'mon Shiro let her down." That was Keith.

"What is this, some cult?" I asked as Takashi set me down.

"No, we just heard Lance running off and wanted to find you," Matt said sitting down.

"So glad I'm associated with him now," I said, pouting. I glanced over to a couch where a tan skinned guy was sitting. His brown hair was ruffled and he pushed up his glasses. "Uh hey."

"Oh (y/n), this is Adam," Keith said, gesturing for me to sit down. We were in a different common room. He smiled and Shiro sat beside him. Keith sat beside me and placed an arm on the back of the couch behind me. "What was up with Lance? What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything! Lotor stepped on my hand and Lance was just looking at it, freaked out, and ran," I defended.

"So Lance freaked out about holding your hand?" Matt asked with a smirk, as he leaned over the back of the couch.

"What is this an interrogation? Y'all suck," I said.

"Y'all? What are you Keith?" Matt asked which gained him a smack.

"This Lance fellow, he likes you?" I glanced over at Adam and shook my head violently.

"Oh no, definitely not, he's always just hitting on me, he's a player," I disagreed.

"Well, I'd consider the fact that maybe he hits on you because he actually likes you, not like other people," Adam said, sipping a cup of tea. I furrowed my eyebrows.

Who was this guy?!

"Lance hits on anything that breathes. He's just running out of options. Besides, he dislikes me more than anything," I said, denouncing his point.

"Fair enough."

I glanced around at the room.

Yeah.

Fair enough.