Trial 3 | Chpt 45

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"And for the final trial, an epic battle between a creature and our three competitors. Show us your ferocity and prove your worth by retrieving the cup from its nest!"

"What creature?" Bandor asked, hobbling up beside me. He looked heavily injured and pale except for blood flushed cheeks marked with cuts.

"I'm not sure...are you okay?" I asked. He nodded lamely and I frowned. I felt my socks squish with blood and mud as I walked to my place.

"The competitors will have a chance to rest for a moment and contact friends! Please take the intermission to rest and get food!" I glanced to a woman bustling across the stadium as I stood meekly on my aching feet. She handed me a cool looking device and I saw Pidge's face pop up far too close to the projection.

"OH MY GOD YOU DID SO GODDAMN GOOD! You could totally do this! Please stay safe!" She said. I saw everyone move into view.

"Hey Pidge have you seen my dad?"

"Yeah! He came to watch halfway through the first trial because of the train," she replied. I smiled and felt my eyes begin to water.

"Can I talk to him please?"

"Yeah sure," she said and I watched her body shift as she began to hop over seat before handing it to my dad.

"Hey sweetheart you're doing so good I'm unbelievably proud of you!" He said, and I wished I could jump through the projection and hug him.

"Thanks, but I think I have to go."

"We'll see you when you're done (y/n)!!" I waved and the image went away, the woman snatching it from my hands.

I glanced at the crowd to see Pudge still waving wildly. Where was Lance? Was he still returning after the last one. I spotted him sat beside Nyma now, Rolo beside her. He looked angry and stood up abruptly, heading back to the group. I felt my stomach go sick.

"Competitors line up and race to the end!" The announcer called. I wiggled my toes and felt an ache shudder through my legs. "The creature is a fwooper!"

My eyes widened, remembering what Alfor had taught me in class. This creature was vicious and could drive a person crazy with its song. Not to mention the quills it sported.

The door opened and out it strode, taking in it's surroundings. I watched it's impressive wingspan spread out in vibrant plumage. It was the largest fwooper I had ever seen in my life, books and videos combined. Behind it lay a thick nest where the cup laid buried deep inside. I tightened my grip on my wand as the doors to my own spot began to open.

"GO!"

The two boys hurried into the arena, but I remained stagnant for a while watching the creature take notice to them first. It reared up, suddenly angry by the ambush and I took my chance to slink around the side wall. I felt a sharp sting and a large needle-like quill protruded from my calf. I quickly pulled it out, feeling a numbness spread throughout my leg.

From what I could see, the bird-like creature didn't have the best eyesight, as it was just throwing attacks at random. I heard a delightful song ring out, but it would only be a matter of time before I would loose my cool. I launched a spell at its foot, seeing it swipe Sven away from its nest. It cried out but intensified its song, making me wince. It reared this time at me and made a swipe with its claw. Bandor launched a spell at Sven to slow him down and the fwooper rounded its attack to knock Bandor down and swipe a heavy rip across his chest.

I heard him scream and I launched another spell at the bird, seeing that Bandor was not getting up. The crowd surged with worry for the smallest contestant and began to scream once the bird headed for me. It swiped with its claw and I felt a horrible pain in my head. I ducked and rolled away, only to be pricked with yet another quill.

The fwooper's talon repelled back after the missed attack and hit me square in the back, sending me a few feet away onto a rock. I could hear Bandor's groans as I watched Sven sneak into the nest for the victory.

A blinding pain seared into me as the creature snapped my leg clean in two, dragging its talons deep into my leg. I let out a blood curdling scream and heard creature wranglers intervene. The bird continued its rampage, my leg laid limp on the ground beneath me, a terrible wringing in my ear.

"(Y/n)! GET UP (Y/n)!" I struggled with my arm but the bird again scratched me hard along my torso. I screamed out again, forcing myself to grind my teeth and roll away. Sven had gotten the cup, but I could care less. The wranglers worked at taming he beast and I painfully pressed myself up to one leg. Blood poured down my body and I hobbled the best I could over to Bandor.

He was unconscious and his breathing was slow. I pulled him up into my shoulder, tears streaming down my stinging cheeks. People ran towards us fast as I hurried him the best I could away from the creature.

"Come one Bandor..." I croaked, feeling a burning pain in my entire body. I cried out when they took him from me, crumpling to the ground.

"Ma'am? Stay calm, we're going to get you to the infirmary." I heard the crowd scream and holler, not knowing what to do. I heard my name in collective screams and I just shut my eyes, feeling hands take up my limp, blood soaked body.

~Calymari