Fantastic Beasts | Chpt 30

Hello!!

Are you guys liking this story? I feel like there's not really enough magic and hogwarts and it's more just high school and I feel kind of bad. The Triwizard Tournament is coming up so hopefully that will be more Harry Potter.

Idk let me know and tell me if you want any Harry Potter stuff.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I headed to my dorm with Pidge after the bonfire, discussing the potions homework I still had to do.

"Put if you add a Phoenix feather won't it explode?" I asked, thinking about the question that had been stumping me. I couldn't find it in the book.

"Yeah, it will definitely explode," she said.

"Where is that even in the book?"

"Okay hold on let me pull it out," she sad sarcastically.

"Wow okay sassy, show me when we get back," I said. I opened my mouth to say something when a figure jumped out in front of me, causing me to jump back and fall. "OH MY G--"

"It's just me." I focused my eyes after the scare to see it was Lance.

"Don't scare me like that," I said, holding out my hand. He grabbed it, pulling me up and I brushed off my clothes.

"Sorry, can I talk to you?" He asked. I nodded and Pidge continued along to the dorm without me.

"Okay, what's up?" I asked, leaning against the cool stone corner wall. He paused.

"I just wanted to say thanks. I talked to Nyma and everything is worked out!" He said, hugging me abruptly. I felt my heart skip about 20 beats.

"That's...great!" I said. It was honestly baffling how he could change moods so quickly, now looking at his grinning expression. I smiled slightly.

"It turns out she was feeling a little jealous too," he said. "Something about you and me."

"Oh, hah, that's silly right?" I said, tugging at the baby hairs near my neck.

"Yeah, of course, I don't know why she would think that!" He said. I glanced at him and noticed he was unphased. He really didn't seem to think anything of us, which I didn't expect, but it still kind of hurt. He didn't at least consider us possible dates, even after the whole dance and the fountain.

He really didn't see me as anything, which was good, he shouldn't. I put my hands in my pockets glancing down. I really shouldn't be here then should I? Maybe I'm getting too buddy buddy with Lance, because I like him. I shouldn't do that to Nyma.

"So hey, I'll see you later, glad it all worked out," I said.

"Wait you don't want t--"

"I'm a little tired, see you later," I said. This was the first time in a while I had let my brain over analyze what was going on. The first time I had felt a little bit too sad. I watched the tiles pass as I walked, hearing Lance's echoing footsteps walk in the opposite direction.

He really doesn't like me, but didn't I know that already? Why was it upsetting now? Why was I not okay with it now?

I mumbled my password and the door swung open, trudging up the stairs to where Pidge sat with her potions book. She raised an eyebrow when she saw me.

"What happened to you?"

"I think it just hit he really really doesn't like me. I thought I accepted it before, but maybe not enough," I said, sliding onto my bed. Pidge looked at me sympathetically.