Rainbow | Chpt 64

Hello.

So....I did that.

Hah

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Everyone was in a sour mood and Shiro hadn't left his dorm in days. Adam and I were never that close, but the thought of him being gone was enough. I hated what it did to Shiro and I couldn't help but worry about him, locked up there by himself.

Keith had nothing to relay to the rest of us. He saw him frequently but even as his brother he couldn't get anything out of him. School was beginning to spiral and hardly anyone had the energy to return to classes. After the loss of Bandor and my coma, the school had taken a blow. We had only just began to recover when news of a dementor killing a student in the forbidden forest racked through the school.

Teachers hardly taught and students hardly paid any attention. It was hard for some to imagine what it was like for someone like me, or any of my friends. I could hardly take it anymore.

Everyone seemed out of it. Turn outs for Quidditch games were at an all time low in several years, people were scared to leave school grounds and in some cases the school building itself, and no one uttered a word about Adam.

I tried most days to keep a happy face for some people who needed it, something that perhaps Shiro may want to return to, instead of the dark cloud hanging over everyone.

"Morning!" I greeted my friends. I didn't quite feel like saying 'good morning' so I just kept it simple. We had begun a new tradition per my request to meet up before class to chat for a little before starting the day. Everyone was very against the idea, whether it be the excuse that it was too early or that they had last minute homework to attend to, but I had managed to corral everyone for the past few mornings.

"Hey," Pidge said, lazily throwing a hand in a 'wave'. Everyone seemed tired and worn and I frowned, struggling to find a reason why I was doing this.

"Do you really not want to do this that bad?" I addressed everyone and they all stared back at me with guilty expressions. They knew they should be trying harder. "I just want to make sure I can check in with everyone before school, give you an outlet to talk, but clearly you all don't want one. Just go back to your dorms or class, wherever. It's fine."

"Did I miss the first meeting?"

We all glanced around at Shiro. From how Keith meagerly describes him, Shiro had been an unkempt, crying mess. Instead, there he stood in freshly cleaned robes and set hair, looking like how Shiro always did. The only thing different was the new arm attacked to his right arm. Quickly after his return, he had lost him limb and had a new, prosthetic one attached. Soon after his surgery, he was quite weary of touching anyone with his right hand and he still was now, but he seemed to be making his peace.

"Shiro...you're up!" I said.

"Yeah, Keith mentioned you all would be here, so I thought I might check it out."

I could tell there was a glint of remorse in his eyes, but he was better after his grieving period. It wouldn't be much time before we were to attend Adam's funeral and I could tell that Shiro was settling with the idea of Adam's death. He had saved someone he loved and what a heroic way to go. He was making his peace.

"(Y/n)." I let out a soft noise of surprise when he hugged me. I couldn't quite remember the last time I hugged Shiro, he wasn't really the type to hug. His new arm rested lighter than the rest of the hug which made me frown slightly before hugging him back. "I suppose you're one to thank for organizing these."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." He smiled genuinely at me, despite all that had happened and I smiled genuinely back. He really was grateful to return to a smiling face. He greeted the others with hugs and I watched warmly. Lance's hand slipped into mine and I felt a soft, warm glow in my chest, it was enough to part the clouds for now.

"You're quite smart," Lance said, glancing at me. "I guess that's why you're a Ravenclaw, but it's pretty amazing if you ask me."

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," I said. "I don't think too much of it, really. It's not so much smart as...just doing what I can."

"You're sweet."

"Then maybe I should be Hufflepuff," I joked and he pressed a kiss to the side of my head. Lance walked with me to class and I read over a text my father sent me about work. He had relayed news of his new raise. "My dad got a raise."

"Really? That's awesome!" Lance replied and I smiled, chewing at my lip.

"Yeah, it is," I replied.

Class began and our assessments were handed back, the huge majority of class scoring extremely high. Everything was easily turning up after all that had happened.

After the rain comes a rainbow.

~Calymari