Return | Chpt 21

Hewwo.

Sorry for last chapter :P

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I shuffled down the corridor to Charms class. I severely didn't want to go, on account of having to walk into class when it had already started and the fact I had hid up in my dorm last night so no one knew I was back, specifically my friends who I had just left hanging.

I'm sure Keith will understand, he's really sweet like that. Allura and Hunk will offer up hugs and Shiro and Matt will offer condolences. Nonetheless I was nervous. Especially nervous to see Lance, and seeing as when he snapped he brought my mother into it, it didn't seem wise to tell him she had passed. Of course he'd ask where I was, where I had been for 2 weeks.

I wonder what they had all been up to.

Me being a sort of shy person, it was hard for me to knock on the door and disrupt class for my arrival, but I forced myself to so I wasn't a weirdo peeping in on class. Last night I had slept relatively well, and sure I was sad about my mom, but I seemed to be taking it well after the beach. It wasn't like I wasn't regretful of letting her leave, but I wasn't resentful or depressed.

She's watching.

The door swung open and Professor Bii Boh Bi gave me a smile. He let me in and continued with the lesson. The whole class of course wasn't paying attention, most were surprised I was suddenly back. I shuffled awkwardly to my seat beside Lance who was staring at me seat myself.

"You're back?" He mumbled and I pressed my lips together awkwardly.

"Yeah, hey," I replied, opening up my book to the page he had open. He seemed to find my response ludicrous as he let out a little tch of disbelief.

"Where we're you?" He asked and I just stared at my pen.

"Home," I replied bluntly, hinting I didn't want to discuss with him. He had a confused look on his face for a moment before his eyes widened. Had I seriously given it away that easily? He turned back to his book and focused in on the lesson, the fact he now knew hanging over us. Or at least just me. Who knows if he knows. When the bell rang to signal that class was dismissed, he turned to me as I was packing up my things.

"Hey--" I turned to look at him and he stopped. He just stared and I awaited for him to follow up with what he had interrupted me with.

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry."

"For w--" I paused. "Oh, it's fine. Not your fault."

"Are you okay?" I expect a lot of that question today.

"Yeah, thanks for asking," I said. It must've seemed like I had some sort of spiritual awakening or something, because he was clearly unsettled by my state.

"When d--"

"6 days ago," I said. "She passed 6 days ago."

"And you're not sad?"

"No, I am, but I know she wouldn't want that to stop me from living," I said quietly, standing up from my chair. "Do you want to walk to Care of Magical Creatures with me?"

"Oh-- I mean--"

"Lance?" I glanced around at the doorway to see Nyma, the voice of the call.

"See you next class (y/n)," he said abruptly and brushed past me, taking Nyma's outstretched hand. I held my books to my torso and walked out of the class. I met up with Pidge halfway there.

"What is it?"

"Nothing, just don't like walking by myself so much anymore," I said, smiling gently at her.

We entered the classroom, and I spotted Lance and Nyma who had made it to the class before us. She pecked him on the cheek and walked out of the classroom.

"So that must've happened when we were gone," Pidge said, noticing it as well.

"Yeah, I learned that 4 minutes ago," I said, putting my books on my desk. Lance sat facing the front, and didn't say anything to me. I wonder what had happened with him when I was gone. He seemed extremely ticked before I left, about what I don't know. Maybe I can ask Keith, since he must know. But now he seemed extremely...away from me? I'm not sure how to explain it, he just seems...off. Not mad. He wasn't annoying me. I guess that flirting was his way of annoying me, and now that he's dating Nyma, there's really no point is there.

I just wonder why he was mad. Is he still mad?

"(Y/n)! You're back!" I glanced up at the doorway where Hunk had entered. "Pidge! You too! Where were you guys?" He approached the desk and I motioned for him to lean closer. I told him my mother had passed and he seemed shocked. He looked at me with puppy dog eyes and I just chuckled.

"It's fine," I said.

"No! Do you need a hug?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Maybe later, thanks Hunk," I said.

"Wait! Cookies, I'll make you cookies," he said.

"You don't have to-- and he's walking away okay," I said and Pidge laughed slightly. Class was nice, considering this was my favorite course, and the creatures we were working with were small and adorable.

I shared the news with Allura, Shiro, and Matt, and it was getting easier to say out loud. However, when I arrived to Potions, Keith was pouting at our lab table.

"Well look who's back," he sneered and I was taken aback. I guess I didn't really account for the fact Keith didn't like to be left alone. In fact, I had told him several times I wouldn't ditch him, and when I left it had seemed that I had went against my word.

"Keith--"

"Save it." He was really mad.

"Sorry," I said, sitting down. Pidge followed in to class when I had sat down. She took one look at the scene before taking matters into her own hands.

"So, glad to be back," she said, and I nodded quietly. "Care to know why we were gone Keith?"

"I really don't," he muttered and I glanced at Pidge.

"Keith, my mom died."

He sat up, looking over at me. That was the first time I had phrased it that way, and it seemed unnatural. He looked unbelievably guilty now that I had explained.

"Sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"No, I'm sorry, I'm such a dumbass," he bumbled and hugged me without warning. I was startled and looked to Pidge, but instead caught eyes with Lance. His icy blue irises met mine and stared. His eyelids fell with his eyebrows and he looked at me with a cold look.

"Keith?"

"Yeah?" He asked, pulling back, still holding my arms.

"Can we talk after class?"

~Calymari