Kalteneker | Chpt 4

Heyo!!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

Bright and early the next morning I shoved my way down the hall towards the listing. My fingers on my dominant hand were crossed tightly and I ran up to the board. I mean my only competition was the pompous boy from yesterday, but who knows. I scanned down the short list and my name was listed under Ravenclaw's seeker. A hand slapped the board next to me and I jumped back, coming face to face with Lance himself.

Honestly it had been only 4 days of year 4 and I swear it's like he knows exactly where I'm going to be at all times.

"Did I scare you?" He sneered and glanced down at the list. His name was under Slytherin's seeker. I guess he'd be my competition for the year.

"Hardly," I scoffed, walking away from the board. I felt his presence by my side again and I just stared straight ahead. I felt him drape an arm around my shoulder and I jerked it off, stepping away from him. "What the hell are you doing?"

"We have the first class together babe, I'm just graciously walking you there," he snickered and I scoffed.

"Just get away jerk," I replied and hurried my walk away. It was to no avail as he had legs longer than this universe could handle. He quickly resumed his spot next to me but didn't say anything this time. I noticed him flash a smile at a group of girls nearby and brush his hair back.

What a creep.

I just swallowed and walked along until we approached professor Bih Boh Bih's room. Charms was supposed to be a fun class, but being alone with Lance that long really just makes me mad. I entered with Lance trailing behind. He sat with me and I tried my best to keep the distance. I could feel him staring at me.

"Is this your way of trying to make me mad?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Indeed it is," he said smiling. I let out a small groan and professor Bih Boh Bih started the class. We were being tested on the Accio charm after 2 days of working on it.

When it was my turn I did it easily after practicing with Keith for so long. Bih Boh Bih gave me a check mark and I went to go sit down for the rest of class. It was Lance's turn a little while later and he honestly seemed nervous.

I watched him stand and Bih Boh Bih gestured for him to go. There was a feather resting on the desk and many students were watching. He stared at the feather for a few seconds before I could see panic begin to set in. He glanced up slightly over to me and I froze. I motioned for him to take a deep breath which he did. I mouthed 'focus' to him and I could see it click in his brain. He turned back to the feather and said the charm, the feather zipping to his hand.

He seemed surprised and Bih Boh Bih gave him a check. He walked back over to me and sat down, a little grin on his face.

"Nice job," I said, resting my chin in my hand.

"Why did you do that?"

"As much as I hate you, I don't want anyone to fail and anyone includes you," I said, watching a girl retry the charm. He was quiet for a second before I turned to look at him, smiling warmly. Not a smirk or a sneer. "What?"

"You love me."

"Ew," I scoffed and he chuckled before turning away and playing with the edge of his book. The class ended and it wasn't too bad today.

Lance insisted on walking me to class, grasping my hand twice to which I punched him. I guess that's back to normal.

Oh goodie.