Talk | Chpt 50

Sup bbs

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Great to see you walking!" Pidge said, holding out her arm for me to link onto. I was still wobbly and the infirmary opted to have me stay one extra day before heading home for winter break. I had lucked out to where I wouldn't have to return to school until after break as they started up the trains today.

"Lance is meeting us at the train," Allura said. I had still yet to talk seriously with Lance. He had stopped by with more cookies or cakes yesterday, but his stay was brief. I couldn't exactly run after him.

The girls helped me to the train platform where the train would be coming up in a few minutes. Pidge has already packed my things for me and Allura was now carting both our suitcases behind her.

"Thanks for helping me," I said, sighing slightly.

"No problem!" I could feel the gazes of a few other students as I stood between my friends. I shifted my feet slightly. I was still covered in bruises and healing cuts and my leg was terribly achy. I couldn't stand for too long. The worst of it all were two scars, one on my neck and one down the length of my stomach. They didn't hurt much at all, but they would serve as a terrible reminder of what happened. I tugged at the collar of my shirt slightly.

"Hey guys!" Lance called. I smiled at him, but he avoided my gaze slightly. "You're looking better already."

"Oh, Uh thank you," I replied. We could hear the train whistle far off into the distance. Pidge let go of my arm for a moment to pick up a bag of mine. "Pidge I can walk by myself, you don't have to do that and carry my stuff at the same time."

"I'll help you if you need it," Lance said, gesturing to his one rolling suitcase. "I was wondering if I could talk to—"

"Hey are you (y/n)?" I glanced around at a handsome looking boy who had approached and interrupted Lance.

"Yes?"

"I saw what you did at the tournament. You're just amazing! I'm sorry for what happened to you though," he said.

"Oh well thank you."

"We should totally hang o—"

"Oh look (y/n)! The trains here, looks like we have to go," Lance interrupted as the train was pulling up. He grasped my arm and I glanced back at the boy. Lance helped me up into the train and seated me at the window where I liked it, helping the girls put away all the luggage. I studied him while he did it, as he did it almost angrily.

He slumped down on the bench next to me, clearly pouting now. The train whistle blew, signaling its departure. The train lurched forward as Allura and Pidge sat down and I gripped the table in one hand, Lance's forearm in the other. The train settled into motion and I sat back, still holding Lance's arm underneath the small table between us. We had begun riding a while and I was exchanging texts with Keith who was seated with Shiro and Matt. We planned for him to meet me and Pidge at the muggle platform so we could all ride to mine.

"Hey (y/n)?" I glanced over at Lance and he cleared his throat. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Yeah sure," I replied and we got up, linking arms so he could walk me to an empty pod on the train. We sat down across from each other and I watched him wring his hands. "What's up?" He ran a hand through his hair.

"Well, I just—do you remember when I, or well, Yeah, do you remember when I said the thing to you in the infirmary?" He was stuttering and I sat there slightly confused.

"The thing. As in..."

"Yeah."

"Yes I do remember."

"Well..." he paused and I stared at him with wide eyes and pink cheeks. "I–"

"Snacks?" I glanced up at the sliding door opening, a stout woman offering up chocolate frogs. Lance placed a hand over his eyes and and pinched my lips together.

"No thank you," I replied and she shut the door. "Sorry what were you saying?"

"Maybe I wasn't meant to tell you this."

"What?"

"First the boy when I wanted to talk to you and now this? What else is a goddamn bird going to fly in through the window?" He asked.

"Lance the window is shut."

"You never know. With my luck it will happen," he said. I frowned.

"No, just say it." He paused, glancing around the cabin.

"I—" he trailed off, staring at me. "I uh...I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable with the whole 'love you' thing." It was clear that was not the thing he wanted to say, but I just let it go for now.

"You didn't. Just caught me off guard is all. You are my friend and I do love you too, I just didn't realize you felt like that too," I said, grinning. He let out a gentle, but uncomfortable, laugh.

"Good."

"Hey why don't we get back, Pidge has a dirty imagination and we don't want her thinking about what we're doing in here," I laughed. "Help me up?" He let out a sigh and smiled.

"Of course."

~~~

I gave Keith a hug when I spotted him, letting go of Lance's hand for a moment.

"Thanks for helping me walk Lance, but I think I'm good now," I said. "Have a good winter break."

"See you later (l/n)," he replied. I paused before holding my arms out for a hug. His face went warm and I curled up into a warm hug before he left to meet up with his sister. I sighed into his warmth. I let go and he glanced at Pidge, hugging her quickly. He glanced to Keith and they stared at each other.

"Wow just kiss already," I spoke and Keith elbowed me as Pidge wheezed.

"Kogane." Lance said.

"McClain."

"Ugh you guys are the worst let's just go," I said. "Bye Lance!"

"Bye (l/n)."

"Tell Veronica I say hi and I love her!" I called over my shoulder.

"Alright weirdo!" I walked beside Keith and Pidge, humming to myself. I glanced to my friends, seeing they were both staring at my strangely.

"What?"

"What the hell did you two do on the train?" Pidge asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean why are you two so buddy buddy? Are you two dating?!" Pidge asked.

"What? No." I replied. I glanced at Keith and he shrugged.

"I'm with Pidge," he said and I scoffed.

"We are not dating, we're just good friends. End of story."

"Oh so your plans to go visit Lance during break isn't you pining after him?" Keith asked and I gasped.

"You're going to visit him?! Oh my God you like him so much," Pidge said.

"This means war Kogane. That was a secret!" I shoved him and he smiled slightly. "I have a teensy crush on Lance. Big deal. Leave me alone."

"Oh my God first year you must be dying inside," Pidge laughed and I scoffed,

"Shut up."

"Alright Pidge enough laughing, he's not that bad."

"Thank you Keith."

"Oh did you like my impression? I've been practicing my 'opposite Keith' character."

"You actually suck."

They burst into laughter and I pouted, crossing my arms and wobbling myself to my dad's car.

~Calymari