Happy | Chpt 28

So season 8 huh?

I won't say anything here for those who haven't watched yet, but unlike lots of people I really liked it.

Lance is still bae, and I'm not abandoning this story like some people who were upset by the ending.

Ehh I liked it a lot, but it did make me cry.

A lot.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I hopped on my broom and took off up into the air. We were against Hufflepuff today, and they seemed to be off their game this round. It should be an easy win. I met eyes with the male seeker on the other team and we gave a friendly nod to each other before the game started.

The ref released the snitch, and it flitted out of sight. I dipped below the playing area, rather than above, avoiding a bludger. I kept my eyes relaxed so that I could spot it easier, and saw a sparkle of gold near the center. I dove at it, watching it flit to the side.

The Hufflepuff seeker sped after it, having spotted it soon after me. The game ended rather quickly after I caught the snitch, the crowd roaring. I flew down, gripping my broom in my hand as my feet planted into the ground, the team's congratulated each other and I gave the opposing seeker another nod.

People started exiting the stands, Pidge running to congratulate me. She hugged me and I smiled, looking at Allura nodding at me. For the first time in a while, I didn't feel like I was hopelessly crushing on Lance. I guess Quidditch helped with that.

"Nice job," Keith congratulated as he walked up behind Allura, Shiro, Matt, and Adam by his side.

"Thanks guys," I replied, stretching.

"It's dinner time, shall we?" The headmaster had begun to give more days where mixed meals was an option. It was nice being able to sit with all my friends rather than just Allura and Pidge.

We all headed inside, passing by James and his friends. Normally he'd jeer at us, particularly Keith, but he didn't this time. He seemed to be a lot more chill lately, and I hadn't heard anything from Lotor either, other than news of our fathers clashing in the office.

"You guys go ahead, I'm going to change," I said. They nodded and dipped into the hall, leaving me to hurry back to change. I pulled my hair out of a pony tail (ignore if you have short hair) and tucked my broom under my arm.

"Hey!!" I glanced around, spotting Lance with Nyma on his arm. I smiled, my heart beating.

"Hi guys."

"Nice job!! You crushed them!" Lance said and I nodded, chuckling awkwardly. "Of course, you won't beat us next week."

"You sure McClain? I'm pretty great," I said and he gave me a challenging glare.

"Bet."

"Alright, 5 bucks says I win," I said. He nodded.

"Deal, 5 buck if I win."

"Deal." Nyma tugged on his arm, most likely signaling she was hungry. "I'll catch you guys later, I have to go change. Nyma, like the make up by the way. Suits you," I said. She gave me an odd glance, but held back a smile anyways.

"Thank you."

"I'll see you guys!!" I took off down the hall, my veins filled with adrenaline. I didn't feels so bothered right now. In fact, I felt quite happy for them. Besides, Lance and I wouldn't make the greatest couple. They seem happy.

I smiled at myself in the mirror before I shed my sweaty uniform. I changed to some better clothes, taking off down the hall again. The hall monitor Slav yelled some probability of me slipping, but I ignored it, walking into the eating hall. A few people congratulated me as I walked past, to which I smiled and thanked.

I collapsed in a seat next to Axca who had decided to sit with us today. Everything seemed pretty nice today, and it was Friday. It had been a tough week, ever since Lance returned my necklace. But, I was getting so much better at being more comfortable with his relationship, and when I had fun with Lance it wasn't so much a painful realization we weren't together. It was just a nice friendship I had gained.

I've grown, and I think my mom would be proud. I choked down on food, laughing with my friends. This was the best Friday I've had in a while. One we were finished, Keith invited me to the outdoor area to look at constellations to which I agreed.

We laid there for a little while, listening to the water slapping from the fountain, and soft noises from outside the castle. Makes you wonder what kind of creatures are out there. It was nice and quiet and Keith and I did this quite a lot. We often found ourselves enjoying the introverted silence together.

"You know my dad used to say I could find my mom in the constellations," Keith said, not breaking his gaze from the stars. "He always said she was right there," he said, pointing at a large cluster of stars. "I guess little me used to think she was a constellation, but now I understand she's dead."

"She'd be proud you know? You've grown a lot."

"I have a feeling she'd like you a lot."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, you make me have friends and all that."

"Make you."

"Okay, okay, help me make friends," he said. I laughed, sighing.

"I'm sure she loved you a lot."

"Yeah. Do you think our mom's just drag us for all the stupid shit we do up there?" He asked and I smiled.

"Gives them something to do."

"Yeah."

"Hey, I'm going to head in, you coming?" I asked. He shook his head. "Text me later, I'll probably be up." He nodded and I got up, walking back inside.

I headed back to my dorm, checking that my phone was still in the back pocket of my jeans. It was, of course, and I passed by Lance and Nyma again. I waved to them and they both waved. I dug both my hands into my pockets. The adrenaline from earlier had subsided, and I could feel a stinging pain in my chest.

How can I feel so happy, but hurting at the same time?

"Hey, wait up!" I glanced around, Lance jogging to keep up with me.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Just thought you might like company."

"Thanks."

"No problem."

We walked for a while? Coming upon the Ravenclaw door. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I had accepted it, and I know that, but a tinge of sadness still sat in my bones. That's okay.

Some of the best memories come from sadness.

Can you tell I'm in a good mood?? ^-^

~Calymari