Ice | Chpt 63

Heyo peoples

Sorry in advance

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I watched Lance and Nyma speak from across the room. I focused back in on my worksheet, scribbling out answers in pen. When the bell rang, they were still talking so I just stacked up my things. After placing the last book, arms slung themselves over my shoulders. I let out a soft sigh of content, linking my own hand with Lance's.

"Ready?" he asked and I nodded.

"I'm sure within all that talking you finished your worksheet right?" I asked and his eyes widened.

"That's debatable," he replied and I rolled my eyes at him, scooping my books up with my free arm. We walked along to our next class and I felt more content. There wasn't any reason to not trust Lance.

Each day after the next things calmed.

James was expelled for the use of dark magic.

Lotor was quiet and thankful.

Lance was loving as always.

My friends were all there.

It was just quiet.

I was headed towards the library on a dreary February morning when I heard the shout for my name. I turned to see a huge group all wildly making their way through the halls. Along the sides were people that must've tagged along, including all my friends, but at the middle was a heavy heart belonging to Shiro. In his arms was a limp, unconscious Adam, water and ice dripping off their soaking clothes.

I was swept up and sat beside Shiro in his own hospital bed with a hand on his blanketed shoulder. His hair dripped rhythmically as he was silent and staring at nothing. He shivered slightly.

"I told him we shouldn't have," he mumbled, his tongue tracing over his lips.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea Adam," Shiro said, placing a hand on his boyfriend's arm.

"Oh come on, don't be a baby," he replied, tugging him towards the forbidden forest. Shiro glanced back at the bustling Saturday morning.

"You know we're not allowed in there," he replied and Adam gave him a look. Deeper in the forest there was a soft picnic set up, overlooking a freezing lake. It was dreadfully cold, but neither of them wanted to admit to being weak against the cold so they just walked along side each other closely, hands in their pockets.

"Oh man! Someone messed up the picnic!" Adam scoffed and Shiro glanced around.

"Okay that means something is here, let's go Adam," he insisted.

"Yeah, yeah, but there was some good food," Adam replied, skimming the lake's edge. It wasn't until he hit the ground did Adam realize that what was here wasn't something to ignore. "What the hell is a dementor doing in the forest?!" he called, making a dash for Shiro. The dementor reared towards Shiro.

A flash of light and both Adam and his patronus took the blunt of the blow, knocking him into the ice as he crashed underneath the deadly water. Shiro dove after him, not thinking. In tugging him to the surface he could see that the cold was quickly sucking the life out of Adam. He shoved him out of the water, more ice collapsing around him and suddenly trapping his arm. When he broke free he could feel the rip of skin before complete numbness, shuddering before running for the school as fast as his legs could take him, Adam in his arms.

I placed a solemn arm around Shiro's shoulder, glancing at his arm. It was heavily bandaged, but from what I could see there wasn't a good chance that he would get to keep it. I just pecked his forehead, making my way over to Adam.

I heard the news, nodding and glancing at Shiro. He didn't look at me even though he was listening and know I was staring at him. I just left, swinging open the door and I glanced around the waiting room. Shiro was sort of the solid friend, along with Pidge, and now that it had changed so drastically the aura had gone into a panic.

Keith was holding along the sides of his jeans, his legs bouncing up and down so that everyone could hear the sound of his palms running along his pants. Pidge was adamant about fixing her glasses, feeling that they were slipping off her face and Hunk with his bangs. Lance was pinching the skin at his hands, staring at the opposing wall, and Allura was studying him for something to occupy her.

I, on the other hand, was still.

At the sound of the door shutting, everyone glanced up at me and I just made my way to sit beside Lance. It was quiet before Lance gained my attention.

"What happened?"

I relayed the story as best as I could, holding in my breath as I did.

"So?" Keith asked, awaiting the results.

"Adam's dead." I breathed out my held breath, feeling the wind knocked out of me as I said it and everyone else sucked in a breath, holding it as the silence ran over the room.

~Calymari