5 Bucks | Chpt 29

I really like this song!! I just found it :P

It's actually pretty accurate to what's going on rn in the story.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Hey, hey! Give it back!" I said, giggling. Lance held my pencil above his head, leaned back in his chair. I grabbed at it, watching him laugh.

"That all you got?" He asked. I frowned and just sat back in my chair.

"Give it back hoe," I said. He raised an eyebrow.

"Alright, here," he said, holding it out to me. I went to grab it, but he pulled it away from me at the last minute, holding it above it head again. "Wow, that was dumb even for you (y/n)." I gave him a playful glare and jabbed his side. He let out a yelp, earning the teacher's gaze and I snatched my pencil back.

"That was dumb, even for you McClain," I mocked and he rolled his eyes.

"Hey, do you and whoever else want to come with Hunk, Nyma, and I to the bonfire after the game tonight?"

"Keith too?" I tested, smiling slyly at him. He squinted his eyes at me.

"I guess," he replied and I nodded.

"Then yes, I'll be bringing my squad."

"Squad?"

"Yes, don't worry you're a squad member," I reassured.

"I don't know if that's good," he said and I nodded.

"Yeah, you'll get membership cards soon, don't worry," I said, smiling. "I can use the 5 bucks I'm getting tonight and use it to make yours." I twirled my wand around my fingers confidently, egging Lance on.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that," he said, murmuring to himself.

"Oh I think s--" I paused, realizing my hand was frozen, my wand with it. I looked at him, watching him snicker. "Oh, low blow you dick."

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said.

"Unfreeze my hand asshole," I said, holding back a smirk.

"Mmm, I'd rather not," he said. The bell rang and he stood up. I stood up, my hand refusing to move. I awkwardly scooped up my belongs with my left and he watched, amused.

"Seriously dude, undo it," I said and he shrugged. I chased after him, gripping my books to my chest. "You're so damn rude, come on. I won't hesitate to tell Professor Alfor!"

"Of course you would, snitch."

"Okay, now you're just being annoying."

"The smile on your face says otherwise."

"Come on seriously, I can't use my wand." He sighed and mumbled some spell at me. I let out a sigh, flexing my hand. I smacked his chest and he laughed. "Low. Blow."

"Come on," he said, shaking his head and I ran to keep up with him. Why am I friends with him again?

Nyma met up with us in Care of Magical Creatures, laughing when Lance so very proudly told her about my hand.

"Okay, that's dramatic I didn't scream when you did it," I said, shaking my head.

"You were near tears."

"Okay what world are you living in?" I chuckled.

"The best one, my dear," he said, poking my nose. I felt my heart skip a beat and I glanced over at Nyma. She seemed uneasy, and I shook my head.