Brody Stevens | Chpt 73

Hello

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"So you want to come here?" I nodded at Veronica over video call. "I'm sure my mom would love that."

"Could you ask her? I don't want to impose," I requested and she nodded, leaving me on call in her room. I sat uncomfortably awaiting her return. 

"Yeah here, I'll get you a towel Saf," I heard Lance say from outside the door. They must've just gotten back from the beach.

"Thank you Lance," she replied. She was over again for the second day in a row. I wondered how pretty she was, or how she acted around Lance. I couldn't help the insane jealousy I was experiencing. I blamed it mostly on Nyma. She was an okay girl and she mostly stayed away from Lance now, but it had absolutely messed me up. I had tried so hard to keep from being jealous even when I had reason to be when she was around. Now it was all surfacing and I was terribly paranoid of Lance leaving me that I was beginning to come off as crazy. I never thought I could be that kind of girlfriend. "Want to watch something on TV?"

"Sure, what?"

"Whatever is on," she replied and I could hear their footsteps grow distant. 

"You cold? Want a sweatshirt?"

"Yea..."

That was all I could hear and I chewed on my lip, letting out my breath. I hadn't realized I was holding it. I glanced around for a moment, looking to distract myself before Veronica returned.

"She's really excited about it," she replied.

"Who?"

"My mom," she replied. "You good?"

"Uh yeah, I just don't know if I should come."

"Why not? Lance would love it, not as much as my mom would of course. You and I can hang out for a week too!" she said. I nodded, tugging at my neck. 

"You sure?"

"Yeah!"

"I know you guys don't see Safie ever and you see me all the time, I don't want to take time away," I said and Veronica deadpanned.

"Safie? Oh come on," she said. "You worried about her? She's still living like she was when we were 8. She's a child, Rachel and my mom are the only one's who really like her. She's nothing to worry about."

"Mmhmm."

"Lance doesn't like her."

"Mmhmm."

"Just come here. It'll be so much fun to have you here, we can show you all the cool stuff downtown and go to the beach," she insisted and I sighed.

"Alright, I'll send you my flight info," I said.

"I won't tell Lance so it's a surprise!" she responded.

"Not tell me what?" 

"Get the hell out loser!" she called, hanging up on me and I laughed slightly. I headed down to the living room where my dad was looking at some slight things on the computer. I plopped down on the sofa and he looked up at me.

"You sure you can fly by yourself?" he asked.

"Yes dad," I replied, smiling.

"I know, I know, I'm just nervous," he said. "I guess this is good, you get a little vacation and I can get some good work done."

"Fun."

"Well that means we can go to a theme park or the center of the city when you get back," he said. "I'll be free."

"Yeah," I said.

"What's up?"

"I don't know if I should go. The reason is kinda dumb," I said.

"And that would be?" I paused, pursing my lips. 

"Apparently, they have this childhood friend named Safie, who by the way is French, and she's Lance's and mine age and they're just such great buddies and I--" I glanced up at my dad who was watching me, amused. "What?"

"Have I ever told you about the time your mother and I broke up?" he asked.

"What? No."

"Your mom was really good friends with this guy named Brody Stevens. I remember him pretty vividly, he was a star beater for Hufflepuff and he was far more appealing than I was, that was for sure. You mom and I had been dating for about...8 months and I was getting pretty tired of hearing about Brody all the time. Everyone thought they would end up together. We fought about it for a while until she broke up with me. She actually ended up going to the Yule ball with Brody that year," he explained. "About 20 minutes into the dance, I ditched my date to find her and pretty easily convinced her to come to Hogsmeade instead of the dance and we made up. Didn't take me very long to realize he's just not the right one. That's why we always made an effort to go to Hogsmeade every Yule ball."

"Oh."

"You can be jealous, it's natural, but you should know that some people are just Brodys, they're just side characters in your story," he said, smiling slightly. "Now...what flight should I put you on?" I smiled, seating myself beside him to point at one.

"You sure it's okay I can go?"

"Of course," he said. "I hope you have fun."

"Thanks dad."

"You're welcome. How does spaghetti for dinner sound?"

"Meatballs?"

"Of course, what kind of father do you think I am?" he said, lightly punching my shoulder before standing. I sat back in the couch as he headed for the kitchen. I curled my arms around my stomach before hopping up to help.

~Calymari