Comfortable | Chpt 74

Hi

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

It was warm in Cuba, even the airport which was packed with people was warm. The plane I had just gotten off of however was freezing and now I was peeling my jacket off at the change in temperature. I had already gotten my luggage and I was just standing off to the side, awaiting the text from Veronica that they had arrived at the airport pick up line.

Apparently, the story they had used to throw off Lance was that they were picking up an old friend of Mrs. McClain who didn't have a car. Taxis were pretty common in the city, but the excuse they had given was that he lived far outside the city. Lance was going to stay home with their Dad and Rachel while Rosa was going to pick me up with Veronica and the other 2 boys. I took a step outside, spotting palm trees lined up on the barrier between each side of the road.

There were a mass amount of older looking cars driving past on the roads. I knew Cuba had a history of using a generation behind's worth of cars. It was actually quite pleasant outside once I stood there for a while and a breeze ran underneath me. I took my hair down, realizing it was kind of gross from the extra long nap I had taken on the plane. The woman sat next to me had gotten up about 9 times to use the restroom which was strange considering how soundly I slept for a good few hours. Maybe she had climbed over me a few times while I wasn't awake. The one in the window seat had been asleep the minute the plane's wheels left the ground.

I stretched a little, watching people pass. They seemed pretty lively, almost like it was mid noon rather than 7 pm. It would be 1 Am in Britain for me which was why I was so sleepy. I felt my phone buzz.

I see you, I'll be right there to get you!

I glanced up to see Veronica walking a good ways away, glancing around to cross the road to get to me. I tugged my suitcase and started towards her. She hugged me warmly when we met, squeezing me gently.

"How's it going Mrs. Seeker?" she asked, smiling at me.

"Pretty good, you?"

"Oh you know, soaking up the sun and all that good stuff. Come on," she replied. "It's really beautiful here I think you'll like it."

"I already do," I said, watching the palm trees rustle. She led me to a car at the side of the road, letting me into the back after my luggage was packed into the trunk.

"Hey (y/n)!" Marco greeted, peering around from the front seat and I waved back with a slight smile.

"How come you decided to come down?" Luis asked.

"Visiting my favorite family of course," I said.

"How was your flight dear?" Rosa asked.

"It was fine, as good as a flight can be," I responded as she pulled out into the traffic. For the ride Veronica and I quietly chatted about the Quidditch season before the conversation devolved to me and Lance.

"So how long have you been putting up with my brother?"

"Well...dating we started this year a while after the Triwizard Tournament. I've known him since year 1," I said.

"He's a little jerk isn't he?" She asked and I nodded hesitantly.

"Yeah, but it's cute."

"Blegh," she replied and I giggled slightly. "Well I'm glad, I like you way better than that Nyma girl. She doesn't even know the rules of Quidditch."

"What?! How?"

"Exactly what I said!" She agreed. My mind began to wander to Sadie at the mention of Nyma. I pursed my lips as we pulled up to a couple story house planted firmly half in the grass and half stilted in the sand for a balcony that led down to the beach by stairs. Rosa pulled into the drive, asking me to follow in the rear so I would surprise Lance. We all filed in and I carried my luggage as to not make much noise.

"Lance! Rachel!" Rosa called and I peeked a glance at Lance popping his head up from the couch. He had been watching TV with Rachel. He hopped up, pecking his mom on the cheek.

"Hi mamá, how's your friend?" He asked, Luis, Marco, and Veronica parting to reveal me.

"That might've been a little fib," she said, gesturing to me. Lance glanced over, pausing for a moment.

"Wait, seriously?!" He asked, nearly tripping into a sprint to get me. He scooped me into a hug, my feet slipping off the ground as he picked me up. I laughed slightly, hugging him back even though I was a tad embarrassed.

"Hi," I said, feeling him shake me slightly in a tight hug.

"I'm so glad you're here!" He said, setting me down and I felt a sense of ease come over me. Such a strong, positive reaction to my arrival made me feel far more comfortable than I was traveling here. "I can show you the city and the beach and the house and—"

"Lance, you're babbling," I said and he stopped, blushing in embarrassment.

"Well thanks for coming! I missed you," he said, hugging me again this time keeping me on the ground. I glanced at his family, all of whom where watching.

"Lance why don't you take her upstairs," Rosa said.

"Oh yeah!" He said, grasping my luggage for me and gesturing for me to follow. I felt comfortable.

~Calymari