Tech Time | Chpt 9

Heyo.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

We had the next day, Monday, off because of some incident with a year one who would spend the next week in the infirmary. I was grateful for a longer break, though I didn't have any homework or anything. It was just nice to relax. Quidditch had been cancelled as well as the coach deemed the day off of school as a good day to take a break from Quidditch as well.

"(Y/n)?" I glanced up at Pidge who was sat back in the common room chair like she usually was. "Can I ask a teeny tiny favor?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"So I'm meeting up with Hunk a little later to discuss tech things, I won't get into it, but he's bringing his friend with, can you come for the friend?"

"Let me guess, this friend is Lance?"

"There will be pastries, courtesy of Hunk..." she bribed and my eyelids drooped. I love Pidge and Hunk, I do, but is spending the accidental free day with Lance worth it?

"No."

"Oh come on! Please?" She flashed puppy dog eyes at me.

"I might if I could bring someone else, but Matt and Shiro are hanging out, and Allura is shopping for the mice. I think Keith is with Shiro too, and bringing Keith is like asking for death."

"Can you just distract him?! He's gonna be asking a bunch of annoying questions," she whined.

"Welcome to my world," I sighed and she fell to her knees on the floor.

"Please?! I never get tech time!!" I looked at her for a few seconds.

"How long?"

"A few hours, 4 or 5." I took a breath and let it out my mouth.

"Fine, get up," I said and she bounced up, happy as ever.

"Thank you!!" She said, squeezing me in a hug to which I laughed.

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know, just keep him busy, make out with him or something." I glared at her and she chucked.

"I'm kidding, don't kill me," she said, sitting back down. "You have 20 minutes."

"20 minutes is not enough time to mentally prepare myself," I said, shutting my eyes. Not to mention I had gotten extremely comfy in this spot. "You owe me big time now."

"Yeah, I know, I know," she stood up and went to get ready and tend to her pigmy puff, Rover.

After the 20 minutes were up, Pidge and I made our way to a recently installed general area where separate houses could converse and hang out. There were a few scattered around the school and there was one outside with a nice fountain. Pidge was practically running there and I just walked behind at my own pace. I certainly wasn't in a hurry to hang out with Lance.

When we arrived, Hunk was overly excited, a bunch of stuff laid out on the counter they were sat at. Lance sat, his face smushed into his hand and nibbling on a fluffy looking pastry. Doesn't he have other friends? He glanced up and noticed me and Pidge. His face fell.

"You couldn't have brought Allura?"

Wow thanks.

"No, you're stuck with her," Pidge said.

"Okay wow, rude," I said, taking a seat next to Lance. Pidge and Hunk immediately dove into conversation. Lance watched them for a few seconds before turning to me with a blank expression.