Blind | Chpt 47

Hey

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

There was a gentle ring in my ears, just enough to drive me mad. In more ways than one I was happy to be away. I wished I could stay here or leave completely. It was truly cowardly of me to stay away from what I knew I had to face.

I glanced up, watching the scene replay. I sat on my knees, knowing that I could not reach him in time, forced to watch. He didn't deserve to die. I watched them, they carried him away. He was not my responsibility, but I could've gotten to him faster so it had become my fault.

I just wanted to stay away.

The scene collapsed and I was sat in the sand, watching the ocean of my mind replay until my brain decided to show me Bandor again. I knew where I was and I knew I wasn't dead, though the guilt made me want to be instead of Bandor. I certainly knew he was dead though I hadn't heard it for sure.

I know.

I just let myself sink into the sand of the beach where I spent the last day with my mom. My mind would always make me wait there until it brought back the guilt in crashing waves to sweep me off the beach. I sighed.

"Hey." I widened my eyes, watching Lance seat himself on the sand next to me. His voice rang out and cut the ringing away when he paused.

"Lance."

"It feels so weird in school without you, and winter break is coming up. Your dad spends time at school with you until you wake up. They say once you wake up they can fix your leg, but you'll need to keep off it mostly during break. If you wake up by then."

He stared straight ahead and spoke. Lance looked like he belonged on the beach. His hair swept slightly with the ocean breeze and his eyes matched the ocean. He looked rather at peace, like the beach served a good significance to him too.

I knew he must be visiting me, but I could not respond.

"You really need to wake up. It's just the worst without you around," he said. I felt my eyes begin to water, water washing up to my toes. No, don't do this now. "Keith's being annoying as shit and I seriously can't be in potions with him anymore." I laughed, sniffling as the water washed over my feet.

"Lance."

The water began to near even closer. "Everything just isn't the same. People act weird, I barely even know how to function. And you...you frickin' kicked that tournament in the ass."

I began to sob.

"You hardly need us, but we really do need you. We miss you a lot, and everyone is rooting for you. You were in the paper for trying to save Bandor, though it's really a shame he didn't make it."

The water struck at me up to my waist, beginning to sweep me away and he stood up, offering a hand to me.

"Well? Come on and get up."

"I—I can't."

"I'm sorry."

I screamed and the water pulled me in, my lungs tight as I held my breath. I began to suffocate on the stale air in my lungs and I shut my eyes. They shot open and I gasped desperately for air, looking around frantically.

I scanned for infirmary beds and equipment and the boy I so badly wanted to see. I instead caught the eyes of Bandor across from me, struggling to stand and bathed in blood. I let out a shuttering breath as he fell on top of me, his limp body heavy on me. I felt shaky breaths and tears burn in my body.