Mrs. (l/n) | Chpt 68

Hello

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Isn't it a little cold for the beach?" Lance asked, linking hands with me.

"We're not going swimming," I replied, shrugging him off. "I just want to take you."

"Alright," he replied, squeezing my hand as we reached the shore. There was a long set of wooden stairs that led to the sand and we headed down between the railings. It could only really fit one person wide so I held his hand behind me, leading him down the staircase. I tugged my shoes off, holding them in my free hand. I stopped suddenly, feeling my feet sink into the sand. "What's up?"

I didn't plan on telling him why I loved this beach so much yet, so I just glanced back at him.

"Waiting for you dingus," I replied and he smiled, tugging off his own shoes. We threaded across the sand, finding a rock to seat ourselves on. Water crashed below in a murky navy blue underneath a lightly clouded, gray sky.

"It's really nice here, I've only been to this beach once before," he replied. "I mostly remember beaches in Cuba."

"What was it like living in Cuba?"

"It was...well, I don't really remember too much. Since I'm the youngest we moved soon after I turned 7 or 8. I do remember my house though."

"What was that like?"

"We had a huge yard and a little chicken coop. I remember that was my job, checking for eggs and I named all the hens. I could never let the dogs out when I went because they always freaked the birds out." He said. "And I remember when we moved my parents explaining to us that some of us were magic and some weren't, though I didn't really know what that meant. It's not really that popular in Cuba."

"What about your family?"

"Well I was the youngest so my older brothers liked to rag on me a lot. We were pretty competitive and Veronica always ended up winning. She was better at most stuff so I...and don't tell any of them...I always liked her the best. My mom is my favorite person, no offense to you."

"No offense taken."

"She's always made time for every single one of us, I don't know how she does it," he said, stretching out his legs. "My family is pretty weird, especially now that you're in it."

"Hey!" I scolded. "I'm part of your family though?"

"Oh yeah, don't tell my siblings, but I'm pretty sure my mamá likes you more than them," he said and I felt my face go slightly warm.

"Awe," I hummed, glancing back out at the horizon line.

"What about your family?" He asked. "I know about your dad now and I know about your mom, but anyone else? I don't really know that much about that part of you."

"Well...our distant relatives aren't exactly people we're close to. It's really just me and my dad now. Pidge and Allura are probably the closest to me and Pidge's parents are like family to me. Of course now there's you and it's cool to see such a big, close knit family like yours."

"That's good."

"My dad is great, though we weren't really that close before my mom died," I said. "We're pretty close now, he's less concerned with work and unimportant things."

"What was your mom like, May I ask?"

"Amazing." There was a soft silence there for a moment. "She would've really liked you, though she was a lot like me and she's had bad experiences with Slytherins. I was kind of afraid to tell her that about you."

"Oh," he said, frowning.

"She would've liked you anyways," I said. "It's just her own little stigma, which I guess so why I was a little mean to you when we first met."

"That's why?" He asked, smirking.

"Yeah."

"Wait...she passed before we started dating...did you tell her about me before that?" He asked.

"We've already established that I like you, can we not drag me please?" I asked and he smiled. I placed my head on his shoulder.

"I wish you could've met her. I loved her a lot," I said, crossing my arms into myself. "The night before she died I took her here so she could get out of the house. I very illegally drove her here and we practically spent the whole night out. When she died the next morning my dad freaked and I felt terrible for doing what I did. But at least she got to enjoy herself." My lips pursed and quivered slightly.

"I think that was great what you did," he said, smiling at me and pressing his lips to my forehead. "This can be her beach."

"I'm pretty sure it's a public beach Lance," I said, wiping at my watering eyes.

"Her beach."

It was quiet and the waves crashed in on the beach.

"Thanks for taking me here to meet her."

"Lance what are you—"

"Hi Mrs. (l/n)! I'm Lance McClain, your daughter's boyfriend. I just wanted to tell you you raised a good one."

"Lance you don't have to—"

"I promise I'll keep her out of trouble," he said. "Though she really keeps me out of trouble most of the time. Don't you worry one bit about her, I'll take good care of her."

"Lance."

"I love her a lot," he said. I smiled slightly, placing my head on his shoulder. "Oh thank you ma'am, I like my hair too." I smacked his hand slightly.

"Dork."

~Calymari