Merry Christmas | Chpt 55

Hello!! Only I would write a Christmas chapter in the dead of summer.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Hey can you set the table for me?" My dad asked I nodded, setting spots for everyone. Rather than Keith leaving, Shiro had agreed to go with Adam to Adam's family Christmas and Keith agreed to stay here for a few more days. I had sent a magical box and letter his way, with the help of my dad, yesterday and hopefully he would get it by this afternoon.

We were having a Christmas Eve meal and party. I was in charge of making my mother's usual dish, seeing as this was our first Christmas without her. It hadn't felt right to not make her potatoes, seeing as they were my favorite and hers too. I hoped that I was making them right.

We celebrated Christmas like muggles for the most part. I enjoyed decorating and cooking without magic and the best part was driving around to see the lights.

"Hey (y/n)?" I glanced over at Pidge. "Can I talk to you for a second?" I nodded and set down the last plate, my eyes flickering over at the potatoes before following her out into the lounge.

"What's up?"

"You okay?"

"Uh, Yeah why?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I don't know, I just thought since your mom.." she said and pressed my lips together.

"I'm actually...okay," I replied. "I miss her, but I know she's better off now." She smiled slightly.

"It's okay, my mom will mother you to death," she chuckled and I smiled.

"I'd like that. Want to do the silverware while I finish the potatoes."

"Well, I don't really want to, but I will," she said. I nudged her playfully and she followed me into the kitchen. I worked on my dish and Pidge set out the silverware, a soft buzz now filling the empty space we left in the lounge.

"So you're a Gryffindor Keith? I always forget," Sam, Pidge's dad asked.

"Yeah, me and my 'older brother'" he replied. I glanced through the doorway and smiled slightly before continuing to stir up my potatoes.

"Pardon me," I stood aside while my dad pulled the turkey out of the oven to cover and let sit for a while. He placed the pan on a rack along the counter and I pulled out a few bowls to place all the food in.

"Done, need anything else?" Pidge asked, having finished setting the table. I shook my head, covering the potatoes and placing them in the oven where the turkey had been.

"Wait I'll come with you," I said, closing up the oven and following her out into the lounge. Everyone was circled about and just about all the presents were underneath the tree. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and I glanced at it.

Did you get it? 🎁

I smiled slightly at Lance's message, but I hadn't received gifts from him. Gifts from Allura and her family had arrived for everyone, but none from Lance.

"Uh, I'm going to check the mail," I announced, hopping up and going for my boots. I slipped on a coat and hurried down the steps into the light snow. I pulled open my mailbox, taking out a few cards and envelopes, flipping through them. They were all addressed to my dad or our family in general. I frowned and walked back up the steps, sad to say I hadn't received his gift and wouldn't until after Christmas. I glanced at the porch where a gift sat dry and most likely cold on a small table we had along the wrap around porch. I picked it up, a medium sized box and a smaller package attached to it. There was a card along the side and I held it to my chest.

Did you get mine? Found yours!

Lance's POV

I hadn't expected her to get a gift so quickly. I had chosen out mine before break, informing my sister so she would help me get it done. I wondered if I should even get one, but now that we were together I was glad I could give it to her confidently. I hurried out to my mailbox, finding nothing.

No

I sent it magic style. Or well, my dad did. :(

Magic how?

A large thunk at my back caused me to slip and stumble back, a small box shoved into my hands. There was a letter taped to it and I smiled.

Got it.

:) want to open them tonight on a call?

Yes, see you then ❤️

❤️

(Y/n)'s POV

I set the package aside on my nightstand and walked back into the lounge. My dad had set out a plate of crackers and cheese spread to eat. The meal progressed into the dining room where we placed the food, ending up with little leftovers.

"These are just as good as your mom makes them. If not even better," Mrs. Holt said and I smiled.

"Thank you!"

We played a few board games and I talked for a while with Pidge and Keith, nearly falling asleep on my full stomach and the warmth of company and the fire.

"Hey we'll see you tomorrow morning? You're practically falling asleep," Keith said, finishing the game. I nodded and huddled to my room, appreciating that my legs was feeling better and I was walking normally. I rang Lance as I sat down to which he answered almost immediately. He was laying across his bed, the light behind him dim.

"Hey!! Merry almost Christmas!" He whispered excitedly. "Sorry I'm whispering my cousins are all sleeping."

"That's okay. Why don't you open your present first? You can read the letter later." I offered and he nodded, picking up the box I had sent him. I watched him pull open the box and take out my gift. I had gotten him a few green sweatbands and green gloves for quidditch. He had been complaining about it a lot.

"Wow you remembered? These are perfect! Thank you so much."

"Glad you like them!" I watched his face light up and I smiled to myself.

"Now you!!" I shushed him and grinned, pulling open the bigger package.

"Cards...Against Humanity?"

"You bought it didn't you?"

"Really Lance?"

"Okay, okay, that was a joke, open the other," I glanced at his eager face and opened the smaller package. I pulled out a pair of earrings and I gasped slightly. "My sister helped find ones that matched your mom's necklace."

"Oh my God they're so beautiful thank you," I murmured. I felt my eyes start to water and he smiled.

"I'm glad. You should get some sleep, you look tired," he said and I nodded.

"Thank you. I really needed these today. Love you Lance."

"Love you too (y/n). Merry Christmas." I glanced at the clock seeing it had turned 12.

"Merry Christmas."

~Calymari