Keith | Chpt 41

Hey

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"Here," Keith said, setting a basket of food in front of me. I smiled and thanked him, pulling it closer to me. Keith had decided that it was best if we went out for lunch to talk. It was strange seeing as I used to be the one who made most of the decisions for us. "So care to tell me why you were in the hospital?"

"Well, I couldn't stop throwing up that morning and Allura insisted on taking me there. I overworked myself, which I'm not going to do again I promise." He nodded.

"I don't understand why you couldn't have just talked to someone about this. I know Pidge is all ears, and so am I," he said as I chewed on a fry.

"I know, it was ignorant of me."

"So talk to me now."

"Okay, well, the reason why I was overworking myself was my dad. He doesn't really want me doing this in case I get hurt or die. I'm afraid to leave him alone with out me or my mom."

"The tournaments have been refined since then, there's no way you're dying," he stated first, "and you are a very talented witch."

"Thank you."

"Look, if you need any help, just ask," he replied and I nodded. My stomach churned and my food suddenly looked unappetizing.

"There is one thing."

"Yeah? What?" He asked.

"Lance came to visit me yesterday," I replied and he grimaced. "I know you're not a fan of him, but he's not the total worst. I promise."

"I know, it's just whenever you two are alone for a period of time, something always goes wrong," he said.

"I suppose this time isn't out of the ordinary then," I trailed off and he sighed.

"What happened?"

"Well, I told him about my dad and everything and apologized for saying I hated him the day before."

"Woah what?"

"I was coming back from the gym all weak and tired. He kept telling me I shouldn't be overworking myself like this and I got irrationally angry about the whole thing and started telling him off."

"Oh my."

"Well I apologized and asked him if he would help me train, at least physically, since I didn't know what I was doing."

"And?"

"He said no and seems uncomfortable about the whole thing. So I just told him he could leave. I don't know why he would be so concerned about me overwhelming myself the day before and then suddenly want to stay away."

"That's strange."

"I know. I should honestly just stop torturing myself and leave him alone," I said, shaking my head and dipping into my food.

"I find it hard to believe you like him," he replied.

"So do I."

"What now? You don't anymore?"

"I don't know honestly. I'm beginning to think it's far too complicated, and I should just let it go."

"Just focus on the tournament, not too hard of course, and let him decide how much of a friend to you he wants to be."

"That seems smart."

"I do have smart thoughts every once in a while," he replied and I nodded. We finished our food and I felt comfortably full. We walked together through Hogsmeade, back to the carriages.

"Hey Keith?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for lunch I really needed it."

"No problem," he replied, placing a hand on my shoulder. We headed back to Hogwarts, the hallways bustling with weekend activities.

"Wanna hang around in a common area?" I asked he nodded, the two of us sitting.

"I invited Pidge," he said and I nodded, stretching out along the couch so that my head rested in his lap. "Or maybe I shouldn't. If you're tired shouldn't you go to your dorm?"

"Nah, I just want to relax. I haven't for weeks. But that's my fault I guess," I replied, shutting my eyes. "The tournaments are in 2 weeks."

"I know."

"You'll come and hope for me right?"

"Yeah, of course," he replied and I smiled.

"They still haven't confirmed who put my name in," I said.

"Why would any one do something like that?"

"Because they're crazy."

"I suppose."

"Hey, can we promise to not keep secrets? I'm really tired of how I've been living. I want to be better." I glanced up at Keith who was not looking at me. He was glancing out into the common room, a nervous look on his face. "Keith?"

"Oh, uh yeah of course," he replied. I gave him an off look, letting him know I was suspicious of his behavior. I certainly hadn't thought he was hiding anything before, but now.

Now he seemed off.

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"What? Of course not!"

"Keith..."

"It's nothing that concerns you okay?" He replied, glancing away again. I sat up to sit beside him, placing a hand on his back.

"You can tell me you know, whatever it is. You know that. So whatever it is, please don't hesitate," I replied, and he shook his head.

"It's really nothing," he replied, looking up as Pidge came near. I sighed, knowing he was keeping things from me now. So much for keeping myself honest.

~Calymari